Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: 2016 what films are you watching?

her ex-husband made a lot of money when he was pretending to be the artist. She won a $4million lawsuit against him but it didn't say whether she received that much money. She went on painting and I believe made out well. The movie says she is still painting, I'd like to see what she does now.

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    her ex-husband made a lot of money when he was pretending to be the artist. She won a $4million lawsuit against him but it didn't say whether she received that much money. She went on painting and I believe made out well. The movie says she is still painting, I'd like to see what she does now.
    A federal appeals court upheld the verdict of defamation in 1990, but overturned the $4 million damage award. Keane says she doesn't care about the money and just wanted to establish the fact that she had done the paintings. One of my sons bought that movie for me last summer. I looked up her website and it looks like she still likes painting larger eyes on children and animals.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

ooh, I've never seen the eyes on animals, I'll have to look that up

Just started watching the Icelandic show Case. Has anyone else seen it?
    I like seeing the décor and listening the language. But it sure makes Iceland seem dark...

We watched Sully over Christmas. It was good, but I felt more of a made-for-TV movie. Even though it had a stellar director and cast (Clint Eastwood/Tom Hanks), there really wasn't enough drama to make it a compelling story. I'm assuming Tom Hanks played Sully true to Sully's character, which unfortunately for dramatic effect was very, very underplayed. His co-pilot (Aaron Eckhart) had more of the personality to give color to the story, but not much of that either.

I watched it out of pure curiosity because my kids had an apartment that overlooked the Hudson at that time, and if they had been home would have had a bird's eye view of the whole thing. As it turns out, one was working and the other was at my house.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Sully was a mediocre film, unnecessary really. It is showing up on a few critics' Best lists, but far down in the list. I laughhed because one of lur local reviewers put it on his Worst list, only because is was so big buget,,hyped, amd with a mediocre result. It is not a BAD film.

On Christmas day we watched The Big Lebowski a film I have never seen all the way through. Yes, it is true, hard to believe, I know. I now know all of the cultural references provided by this film. The Dude abides. I will probably be spouting them in the next weeks so just ignore me, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by pony mom View Post
    I rented an old favorite called I Know Where I'm Going, a Powell/Pressburger film. It's a gorgeous black and white movie, with Roger Livesey (dreamy) and Wendy Hiller, set in the Scottish Hebrides. Very romantic but in a really subtle way. Watched it twice, once as normal and today with commentary, which was very interesting and made me notice things I hadn't seen before.
    This is a post from a year ago. Pony mom, you have similar taste to me, so I may look up this film. I like this ngs that are Scottish.

I am watching the sixth season of game of thrones this week - watched 2 out of 10 episodes so far.

Went to see Rogue One at the cinema this week - I tend to like space films on the big screen. I didn't expect much so I wasn't disappointed, lol. DH's headphones were jacked up so we were given two free passes to a future show. Other than that, we're catching up on Poldark from the library. We generally are library film and show watchers.

WE saw the movie Passengers on xmas and it was good. REally a love story in space. Many of the movies out are just depressing and I want to be entertained. My big dog just figured out that he can take his head and push in my keyboard so he can put his head on my lap to be petted. Too funny)

Thread Information