Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 what films are you watching?

Finally saw "The Man from U.N.C.L.E.", really enjoyed it.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Saw Hateful Eight. We are QT fans but this is probably the only QT movie I won't re-watch. The beginning in the stage coach....too long. The wind blew and howled through the entire movie. I can understand how settlers went crazy during the long winters on the plains. I really wanted to wrap up in a buffalo skin blanket, I was freezing by the time the movie was over even though the theater temp was fine.
    ive been back and forth about going to see this and probably won't.

The Revenant, the other historical drama from that period, is getting fab reviews, but another one with extreme violence. I may skip it.
    Last edited by iris lily; 1-17-16 at 7:26pm.

This is an old film that we've seen before, but we enjoyed it again. It's Gattaca. A futuristic film about a time when less-than-perfect people have an inferior position in life. It's interesting. Ethan Hawke, Jude Law, Uma Thurman.

We haven't gone to a new release movie in ages--we're always disappointed. DS did BEG his dad to go with him to the new Star Wars movie, because it would have had such sentimental meaning--DH took our boys to the first round. So they did go, and they were really enjoying it until... a fire alarm caused an evacuation and everyone was given passes to another showing.

DH is not crazy about going to movies to begin with, so I don't know if he'll ever see the last half hour of the movie, much to the disappointment of DS.

HOWEVER, I purchased Amazon Fire with a credit last fall and we are REALLY enjoying TV series we previously haven't been able to see. As an Amazon Prime member, there's lots of cool stuff to watch.

We first tackled The Man in the High Castle, which is AWESOME, but the second series probably won't be out until 2017. Now we're watching Newsroom with Jeff Daniels, and it's been great.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

rodeosweetheart
    We LOVED Newsroom. Also K Street, if you have not seen that one.

"Concussion" starring Will Smith as Dr. Bennett Omalu (sp?) who was the pathologist who broke the story about pro football players getting brain injuries from a lifetime of concussions or sub-concussive events. A sub-text of the movie: don't mess with a multi-billion dollar for profit business like the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by rodeosweetheart View Post
    We LOVED Newsroom. Also K Street, if you have not seen that one.
    Thanks for the recommendation!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Last night DH and I watched The Martian. I have to say, it was a bit disappointing. It isn't out on Netflix yet (DVD), so I splurged and bought it, thinking it was so good that we'd watch it a number of times. To me, it was pretty slow. And a couple of the actors just didn't seem to fit (Kristin Wigg and Donny Glover). I suppose it was interesting, but not one of my favs.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    This is an old film that we've seen before, but we enjoyed it again. It's Gattaca. A futuristic film about a time when less-than-perfect people have an inferior position in life. It's interesting. Ethan Hawke, Jude Law, Uma Thurman.
    I love that movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    "Concussion" starring Will Smith as Dr. Bennett Omalu (sp?) who was the pathologist who broke the story about pro football players getting brain injuries from a lifetime of concussions or sub-concussive events. A sub-text of the movie: don't mess with a multi-billion dollar for profit business like the NFL.
    I'm looking forward to watching this. I've seen CNN's documentary on the subject.

Thread Information