Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: what little things make you feel like you are achieving "Simple Living"?

Your Uncle Harvey and Aunt Kitty sound wonderful, Williamsmith.

Yes, I'm inspired by songs, too--here's my contribution for today

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Williamsmith

good story, good songs

Williamsmith
    My wife and I enjoy just bumming around together and browsing antique stores. We don't drag a lot home with us. It's got to really be special to be brought into our home because it is normally goin to have to replace something. I have recently been looking for a silly collection of jelly jars from my childhood. They were the Hanna Barbara flintstone grape jelly jars that we converted to morning juice jars as a kid. A day of bouncing from shop to shop and a meal out. That's feels like simple living to me.

We enjoyed antique malls on our travels and considered them something of a historical museum. Dont think we ever asked for a case to be opened.

We love to play a game called "Find it First". Every mall seemed to have at least one set of penguin salt and pepper shakers and one penguin decorated ice holder. Whoever found the first one won the game. No prizes but a lot of laughs.

Thread Information