Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: what little things make you feel like you are achieving "Simple Living"?

Saw a cute idea of using glass jars to organize bits and bobs in a lovely way.

Then I realized I have no bits and bobs to put in any glass jars, which I don't have anyway

rodeosweetheart
    When I cook a pumpkin I have grown and save the seeds for next year, to grow another!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhiana View Post
    Saw a cute idea of using glass jars to organize bits and bobs in a lovely way.

Then I realized I have no bits and bobs to put in any glass jars, which I don't have anyway
    Ah! I've thought the same thing, I don't have enough bits and bobs to organize that way plus "what the heck do all these people do collecting bits and bobs just so they can display them in glass jars via a million pinterest photos. They seem to have to buy 6 times as much as what is needed for a project so they have enough to display properly.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Todays simple living thought: Having a great talent for making pizzas and cookies and keeping the kids home from college very happy.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Great posts, everyone.

Whenever our kids spend a weekend day playing naked in the mud in our backyard instead of all of us rushing from activity to activity, we feel like we are achieving"simple living." Today was such a day. 79 degrees in Miami this morning and went up to 82, btw, so it's weather appropriate.

Maybe this fits on this thread, maybe not. But today I had the thought that my role in life now is to be the tosser of crap, the organizer of That Which Is Important.

In the past few weeks two of our hobby organizations have melted down. The skill I lend is to haul shit in my SUV and after smiling at those who are expressing concern about the importance of the stuff or who are donating and assuring them that the stuff is valued,
    We will take care of it.

Then I sort, then throw truckloads of crap that no one has been able to toss.

I am woman, see me toss.

and next week I am heading up the first meeting of our neighborhoods's historical records committee. oh vey, there will be lots of issues about record retention to take on.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    It never gets old.
    +1

Peaceful weekends at home, not having to worry about grocery choices or most other money things, as overall my needs are minimal so there is lots of extra money, being able to move if I want, my dog's affection, outings involving mostly games with friends instead of spending a lot of money, being grateful for sunlight and walking.

Staying in all weekend. Eating what is here instead of not wanting what is here

And a fabulous chocolate martinin in my hand to celebrate a lovely day of sewing a baby quilt for a friend.

Williamsmith
    Thinking about how winning 800 million dollars on the Powerball would really screw up my simple living. And going out and buying a ticket anyway........with the power play of course.

Thread Information