Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feelings about upcoming trip

I have traveled all over the world since 1982 and now am finding more anxiety about things that never were a problem before. It is sort of like when I learned to drive it was exciting and a lot of fun. Then I was hit a couple of times and slowly realized how dangerous it really was to drive. Now I am very anxious about driving and it seems to be getting worse.

When I look back and think about the trips I am amazed that we even thought it would be possible. Maybe the media makes the bad news seem so much closer and more important than it really is???

Williamsmith
    I usually an anxious about leaving home because I prefer routines that are easily interrupted by trip surprises. But once one my way, I enjoy seeing things I've never seen before and trying to find interesting people.

You're going on an adventure! It's totally normal to be nervous; if you weren't stretching your boundaries there would probably be little point in going.

Traveling alone can certainly be a bit scary and likely uncomfortable. (I swear they make the airplane seats smaller every time.)

It might be helpful to write down exactly what your fears are, and how you might address them.

I get to experience a hybrid of solo traveling when I travel on business. Obviously I'm there to work with my clients, and I do that, but when I'm not working, usually my time is my own and I LOVE it!! I don't have to answer to anyone--I can go to a museum or a cafe or just walk around aimlessly. I must be a total weirdo because I LOVE airports. I love talking to cab drivers. I love tasting different food.

Try not to stress about it.. work on that carefree attitude of your youth and enjoy!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information