Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm OK.

I'm OK.

Have you ever come to a place in your life where you just feel fine with yourself, warts and all? I'm not as thin as I'm told I should be, but I'm not in any ill health, I feel fine, and I'm not willing to live on the strict diet that I would need to be on for the rest of my life. My house is reasonably clean and orderly, it isn't decorated to a BHG standard but the decor is pretty much reflective of the life I've had and I am not willing to put the time, effort, or money into making it anything else. I'm naturally rather frugal and am completely debt free but I'm not black-belt frugal and am not willing to save money just to save money. In other words, I see everyone making self improvement resolutions, and I just can't muster up any real enthusiasm for them. I have projects that I want to do: paint the interior of the house this year, go on some birding trips, etc. But mostly, there' are reasons for my life choices and I think I'm pretty much OK.

It can be a very satisfying place to be.

Serendipity, i woke up this morning with the same thought. "Practicing" an attitude of gratitude doesn't seem to do anything for me, but when it just comes to me naturally that everything is pretty darn good in my life, or at least so many things are good that the bad is insignificant, it's a wonderful feeling of satisfaction, relief, and thankfulness. I wish this for everyone!

TxZen
    I am overweight BUT I am happy with who I am and that makes a huge difference. I am not on the wheel of feeling bad because of society or what someone else may think.

My house- well it's minimal and I love love love love it..did I mention I love it?!?

Clothes- I am somewhere between a beach bum and athletic wear with some casual thrown in. I won't subject myself to again to dressing the way someone or society expects me too.

My hair- silver since 36, going on 5 years now and loving it more everyday!!!

I don't make resolutions. I just tend to try to do new things each year, without rules or setting expectations.

People- I have eliminated a lot of people in my life. I have a very small group of friends I trust and I am ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by TxZen View Post

My hair- silver since 36, going on 5 years now and loving it more everyday!!!
    I love my silver hair! A few years older, but have wanted it to go full silver for awhile.

I had a moment of this yesterday. Really nice,

I am also content. I lost 35lbs last year but I am still overweight some but I am fine with that. I feel good which is what matters. I pretty much have my home the way I want it. WE take a nice trip or 2 every year and we have 4 doggies that I love so much. I work p.t. at something I love so I would say life is good

I do think resolutions are a waste of time. A brand new shiny year ... and the same OLD tired resolutions (producing the same old tired frustration). No thanks. You can count me out. Why do that to a shiny new year? Ordinary old "to do lists" - ok I sometimes have those sure, and even sometimes have things I want to focus on spending a bit more time on sure, just nothing resembling a resolution with it's grim resolve. I could see focusing on weight if it's a medical problem (aggravates high blood pressure or arthritis of the knees or diabetes), but if it's just "I don't look like a movie actress" problem, no .....
    Trees don't grow on money

I have a lot of warts. And a peaceful life with just enough activity thrown in. Pretty comfortable with where I am now.

Great for all who feel this way. I try. Then I feel like there must be more in life. I am not an over do-er, but 8 pm comes and I think I should have done more, done different, ate better..... all personal improvements type things. I have accepted I am not changing the world, period. I am not changing my husband, whoa that was a moment after 30 + years. Then the next day, I wake up and thankfully do it all again happily. SO maybe I am content???????

Adding: I accepted that I am not going to have the body I had before now that I am 55. Whoa another moment! I tell myself numbers on scale don't matter to me, but they do sorry to say.

I had a few years in my late 50's where I was dismayed over the aging thing but I got over it. It beats the alternative.

Thread Information