Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Setting a Decluttering Goal in Units of Time Using Flylady's Timer Method - Jan 2016

Yay! I was missing your posts the last couple of weeks!

i am still picking away at things. My project for this weekend is the Easter stuff. I don't think there is very much to purge there because I sorted through it last year, but I did already find a handful of small stuff that I couldn't part with last year that no longer seems very important.

Thanks, Chicken Lady! I am enjoying your "elephant" posts as well and feeling very inspired by them.

My SO and daughter were out of town today, so I made a fair amount of progress: 2.5 hours.

So I'm up to 12 now.

Had a huge decluttering binge today - 6.5 hours! It was a little manic - I ended up neglecting some other things like exercise and some errands - but my SO and a babysitter had my daughter for the day, so I wanted to take advantage. The improvements aren't obvious to anyone but me really, but I don't care. It's progress. Actually I did a lot of work in our guest room so it won't be quite so embarrassing when my dad comes in a couple of weeks. My sister was here two weeks ago, and I actually paid to have her stay at an Air B and B two doors down because it was just too stressful to have her sleeping in the middle of a mess. I don't expect my house to look like a picture in a magazine, but having stacks of clutter around you when you're staying at someone else's home is just so uncomfortable.

I took about 6 grocery bags of paper out to the recycling bin, and it made me realize that maybe I am FINALLY ready to go paperless for all my bills and probably for my financial statements too. It just seems like there is no good reason not to, and it's becoming clearer and clearer that all that paper filing is a waste of time.

Up to 18.5 now!

That is terrific! I bet you got at least some exercise working on your organizing.

i went through the Easter decorations. I only found a few small things to get rid of, so I still have five bins, but they are smaller bins than I use for all the other holidays - maybe three of my big holiday bins. And I feel good about what is in them.

all three bedrooms downstairs are still a mess, but I could clear any one for guests in less than an hour. All three if I had a day. Most of the mess would just be restashed in the basement though - which is not my goal.

Two more hours today. It actually took that long to do a thorough cleaning out of my car and put everything I found in it away. Ah well. So I've met my goal of 20 hours. May start a new thread for my next goal.

Good job!

and you have a nice clean car!

Thread Information