Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McGuyver Moments

Oh, I love the idea of using the bbq grate for that. Other racks just are not sturdy enough. Seriously brilliant!!!!
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

Hi, everyone! my first post on the new boards.
    Actually, this came into play today! My daughter wants to make cupcakes, but we're out of cupcake/muffin papers. Quick internet search taught me how to make our own out of parchment paper! Yay! saved a trip to the store.

I have both a glue stick and a small mag light in my purse. I can't tell you the amount of times I have needed to use both of them.

Instead of purchasing the whitening dental strips, brush your teeth and then swish and hold peroxide in your mouth for a minute or two. It'll foam in your mouth unless you do a water rinse afterwards. I do this on a weekly basis since I drink a lot of unsweetened ice tea and don't like the discoloration. Much cheaper than those strips (Walgreen's has been having their brand peroxide on sale for 3 bottles for $1).

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    Oh, I love the idea of using the bbq grate for that. Other racks just are not sturdy enough. Seriously brilliant!!!!
    Thanks. I terminally warped a number of 'regular' kitchen grates before stumbling across that one. I even heat-twisted a grate specifically for roasting peppers from Williams-Sonoma.

The grates I use are the smaller ones from the bottom of a Weber Smokey Joe bbq. I've purchased them at yard sales for a buck just to get that bottom charcoal grill. (I grow a lot of roasting chilis.) I guess you could also use the upper, larger grill, but they dont fit as easily on the stovetop.
    moo

20 years ago I made the mistake of fixing the hem of my teenage daughter's skirt quickly before a band concert with stapler. All was good until the concert was over and she stood up. The staple got caught in her panty hose. It was all down hill from there....I ruined her life. We still are hearing about "the day". LOL
    Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful. ~William Morris

Speaking of quick hems, I've used masking tape to hem skirts/pants. Oh and paper clips for missing buttons..oh and sharpie on a scuff mark on my black boots...I sound a mess don't I??

A paperclip for a missing zipper tab

Terri, I use binder clips for chips, etc. too!

I used a small rubber band looped through the zipper pull of my jeans and then hooked over the button (then you button as normal) to keep the zipper up when it got to the point of slidding down all the time. Not noticable but does the trick!
    Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful. ~William Morris

Thread Information