Page 1 of 111 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Trumps: White Angry Middleclass

Williamsmith

Trumps: White Angry Middleclass

Im your average white middleclass male. I make up well over half of the country especially if you include my influence over family and friends. And I am angry.

I am embarrassed that our country has lost its standing amongst other powerful nations.

I am sick of special interests getting special treatment.

I consider urban America to be a war zone and no one is doing anything about it.

I hate the media for constantly attacking our law enforcement and undermining authority in the public square.

I am sick that my kids are going to be worse off than I was at their age.

I think we have gone in the wrong direction for so many years that the establishment needs a shock and drastic measures are called for.

I am willing to create chaos so as to restore order and reclaim my place in this country.

I am tired of checking my words before I speak them just because I may offend someone who needs to just get on with their lives.

I am ready for real change and I'm not going to be like the poor and expect it or like the very rich and purchase it.......no I am going to demand it and make it so.

I believe our condition calls for drastic measures and I am tired of sitting on the sidelines.

I am angry that I have to work to let people come here and enjoy all the benefits,for free.

So I am backing a man who isn't afraid to offend some and who will really put the people who caused this on notice.

I am angry and my guy will make you feel uncomfortable.

So what are you going to do about it?

"I am willing to create chaos so as to restore order and reclaim my place in this country."

What, exactly, does this mean?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I am ready for real change and I'm not going to be like the poor and expect it or like the very rich and purchase it.......no I am going to demand it and make it so."

Isn't Trump the really rich?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lots of bravado talk above but no indication of how to remedy any of it.

Williamsmith
    Yes it is troubling isn't it.

I am sick that my kids are going to be worse off than I was at their age.

Did you teach them to work? Save? Live within their means? Use birth control? Make healthy choices? Build community?

dh is almost 50. Our kids are better off than we were. Their friends who are struggling have attended schools they couldn't afford, failed to finish their degrees, spent money they didn't have, partied too much, refused to take jobs that are "beneath them", produced children unintentionally, and/or expected society to take care of them instead of the other way around.

I am willing to create chaos so as to restore order and reclaim my place in this country.

your place in this country? As a middle class white woman, let me just say, "you don't get to be an ass and keep the whole cake anymore. I'm deeply sorry you were led to expect that."

I am tired of checking my words before I speak them just because I may offend someone who needs to just get on with their lives.

so don't. I'd prefer that you say exactly what you think. It's easier to choose how to interact (or not) with people when they are honest about who they are.

I am ready for real change and I'm not going to be like the poor and expect it or like the very rich and purchase it.......no I am going to demand it and make it so.
    I believe our condition calls for drastic measures and I am tired of sitting on the sidelines.

Awesome! Go get your hands dirty! Where will you start? The schools? Those urban war zones? One of those worse off kids?

Yesterday my dad (who at 71 is past middle age I guess) spent the day with a kid who has a drug record, an out of wedlock child, a high school degree, and after a lot of conversations with my dad, a crappy job on a fishing boat. They discussed budgeting, parenting, and what one has to do to build a relationship with ones kid and work ones way off the deck of a fishing boat. The sad reality being this does not involve video games or beer - (unless possibly the beer is being nursed along while building community with the other guys on the fishing boat)

I am angry that I have to work to let people come here and enjoy all the benefits,for free.

Yeah, look around your area and see what you get "for free". try living like that for a while. Be sure to reject any additional benefits that come your way for being a white male native English speaker so you don't muddy the experience.

I am angry and my guy will make you feel uncomfortable.

So what are you going to do about it?

vote against him and raise my son to not become you. Continue working to help the students in my classroom not become you or the kid on the boat. Newsflash: uncomfortable is my default setting in this society you and yours built. - glad you could drop by.

Darn, I had a whole thing written out but it disappeared. I am 100% with Chickenlady.

I have yet to meet an immigrant my age, legal or not, who is not working his ass off in menial jobs no one else wants to make a better life for his kids, working harder than most of us have ever had to and ask him what he got for free. Then I watched their wives caring for an elderly parent in a way that was almost sacred. (you know what group provides the least hands on care to dying parents? White men.)

SNAP has a 3% fraud rate, can you beat that or rather, would you be planning to take that away as a freeloader's benefit? It is hard to keep SNAP, look it up.

I am tired of all the commentary about single black moms mooching off the system, going so far as to say they should have to have an IUD or implant to prevent more welfare babies. The system failed, Welfare to Work does not work when the promised reasonably priced childcare is nowhere to be found. It is hard to keep welfare benefits for long periods of time, look it up. If you are against WIC, you are whacked.

I am tired of the disabled facing a backlog so long that it takes two years to get benefits. I have a crappy LTD policy
    so I have some (minimal considering I worked for the company 23 yrs) income, most people don't. And we paid for SSDI benefits in all the years we were working. So in those two yrs, people who were hard workers and proud of it, are reduced to relying on State services and that does not feel good.

saying the poor (and you do not know why they are poor, they could be like me and be disabled) just expect a handout is truly a disgusting thing to say and I am actually surprised, Williamsmith, that you hit that low. I'm pretty sure we both worked in decimated urban areas and yet we are diametrically opposed on the issues that face that population. I get the feeling you and Trump want to excise the tumor of poverty and close your eyes to the fact it exists.

I am tired of the elderly having to decide between prescription meds or food.

I am tired of Ferguson, at al while Bundy and his crew have not been harmed in any way as they stand there with their guns. If those guns were held by those in Ferguson can you even imagine the bloodshed? White men protesting freely, that is the mark of the privileged right there. One white man arrested, woohoo! 61 in Ferguson.

I am sick of lack of gun control and the crazy 2nd amendment folks who refuse reasonable compromises (Obama is running out of time to come steal your weapons). 32k senseless gun deaths yearly. I do not want to read anymore about the "responsible" gun owner whose child "accidentally" shot his toddler. You left it loaded and accessible, you are "responsible" for the "accident" and should be arrested. You were a cop, I would assume you would be sick of this shit, too. But probably not because you are a white man with inalienable rights.

I am tired, this is enough but this is spot on: As a middle class white woman, let me just say, "you don't get to be an ass and keep the whole cake anymore. I'm deeply sorry you were led to expect that." We are a majority now by 7 million and we intend to get our full share of the cake. And luckily, we women know how to manage that cake way better than the average white male.

so what will I do? Make sure my vote cancels out your crazy town vote. I have a feeling you are going to say you never intended to vote Trump, you just wanted that sparring match. If you truly believe the above, then honestly, I feel sorry for you.

The issue I have about this "make America great again" thing is when are they talking about? I don't think there's any point in my life where the US hasn't had major problems. Or in the history books.

I think it mainly speaks to this mythical spot in people's minds that never really was.

Trumps who is anti-corporate welfare:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...porate-welfare

corporations ok, even forcing someone out of their home so more can be built, that's a-ok. But God forbid we hand the poor a PB and J.

Agree with Frugalone and Chickenlady. Sick of those who can't see how good they have it ranting about how "those lazy shiftless OTHERS" are going to take it all away... and then this:
    I'm tired of people saying bullsh*t and being upset when they're called on it. If you don't care if you offend someone else, don't get your knickers in a twist if they ARE offended. YOU don't get to decide what should upset someone else. If you don't want to hear that they are offended, then shut the effing crap up to start with! Why do people think they should have the right to say any vile thing that drops out of their head, and everyone else should just smile and nod?????

My DH talks like you, Williamsmith. He was raised in your typical Leave It to Beaver type 50s world, and he is VERY nostalgic. He feels we should rewind the clock to when things were simple.

They were simple times for the average white middle class male. But DH forgets that his dad died at 45, and same way my dad died at 43, and his mom and my mom had no financial recourse. His mom worked as a clerk in Macy's as the best job she could get and invited her parents to move in with her. The best my mother could do was 2.00 an hour as a bookkeeper. She remarried in order to keep her financial standing.

And ask the blacks if life was simple and better back then.

I'm not angry, but I'm sad when I see so many people with their ladders up the wrong wall, to use a Stephen Covey analogy. We are the foxes losing the grapes in our mouths for an illusory and elusive image of "success" and "wealth." I do believe that the chaos you speak of will eventually come, but restoration of order will hopefully not come with more of the same, but instead we will have learned to have more, not less, respect for people no matter what the color or number of dollars in their pocket, and we will have learned to have more respect for the natural order of things and the blessings God has given us for free.
    Last edited by catherine; 1-16-16 at 11:17am.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

rodeosweetheart
    Williamsmith, I thought you were doing a little performance art here and posing as the prototypical angry white male Trump supporter. I did not think you actually thought these things.

Was I incorrect? Do you support Donald Trump now?

Thread Information