Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 55 very soon

AH we could start an entire new post about the stories we were told as children about foods
    Lammie Drops =black olives. Yes I asked to please pass the Lammie Drops at a dinner at a friend's house. Poison Cabbage=Brussel Sprouts, They were never allowed in parents home. Yum when I at those. Yogurt was Spoiled Sour Cream.

Rodeosweetheart: That's interesting about vinegar. I eat a salad with oil and vinegar for lunch every day, and sometimes it kind of chokes me. Must be the vinegar, because I'm sure I've got some degree of respiratory something after so many years of cigarettes.

I survived 55 year! Wow a year goes by fast these days! Now I am facing 56 and it seems like 60 is right there in sight, no more out there a ways! I used to say I had X good years left. Saying that at 70 everyone I know slowed down due to health issues or just choose to. Not that life is over by any means at 70. Sunday I told hubby I have 14 years 3 months of good years left! I had to stop running last month, probably for good So the 1/2 marathon at 70 is not in my plans now. I guess life evolves with each day and make the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ctg492 View Post
    I survived 55 year! Wow a year goes by fast these days! Now I am facing 56 and it seems like 60 is right there in sight, no more out there a ways! I used to say I had X good years left. Saying that at 70 everyone I know slowed down due to health issues or just choose to. Not that life is over by any means at 70. Sunday I told hubby I have 14 years 3 months of good years left! I had to stop running last month, probably for good So the 1/2 marathon at 70 is not in my plans now. I guess life evolves with each day and make the most of it.
    You have more than 14 years/3months left if you look at the actuary tables. Whether they are good or not is up to you.

This conversation makes me think of all the current financial "news" out there telling everyone they need to be prepared to live to 100. So many saying don't take your SS until you're 70 and make sure you have bazillions saved or else you might end up as a bag lady.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    This conversation makes me think of all the current financial "news" out there telling everyone they need to be prepared to live to 100. So many saying don't take your SS until you're 70 and make sure you have bazillions saved or else you might end up as a bag lady.
    Seriously. It gets old really fast, doesn't it. Makes you feel hopeless if you have not saved up a million dollars by 60.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    You have more than 14 years/3months left if you look at the actuary tables. Whether they are good or not is up to you.
    I think 56 is too young to be thinking this way, honestly. But then I will be 61 at my next birthday, so I am older than you, OP, and I do get where you are coming from. It's just that 56 is pretty young, in my opinion, and not helpful to be obsessing (that that you are obsessing) over just when you will get less able/feeble.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I think 56 is too young to be thinking this way, honestly. But then I will be 61 at my next birthday, so I am older than you, OP, and I do get where you are coming from. It's just that 56 is pretty young, in my opinion, and not helpful to be obsessing (that that you are obsessing) over just when you will get less able/feeble.
    agreed. And yay for OP to survive the year.

Part of it is luck and part of it is hereditary and then how well you take care of yourself. It's the luck of the draw and you just don't know how it will turn out.

Teacher Terry, I agree.

Thread Information