Thread: Letting Go

TxZen

Letting Go

My challenge has been to de-leather (is that a word) my life and it is hard but doable.

I recently gave away 5 leather bags. At first, it was a tough moment. I admit that. I had to work through this and you might say Really girl..it's a purse but I think, for me, it was the money, not the purse. It's been a process but it's one worth doing.

I have found some vegan sneakers (Merrell brand). I have bought a fabric purse, with nylon strap. I also have some flip flops that are vegan.

It is still a challenge and I have some leather still but I am getting there.

I gave away 2 bracelets and 1 necklace, that had a leather base.

well done! giving away my few leather purses would be hard, some are so buttery soft and just perfect. I give you credit.

Almost all my shoes and bags are leather, but I've branched out some and will consider fabric bags if they appeal to me. I'm not crazy about plastic shoes, but I have a few pairs of fabric ones, wool clogs and tapestry Mary Janes. Nylon bags are light and durable, and excellent for hard duty wear and travel.

I only own 2 regular purses and 1 for dress. 1 is leather.

TxZen
    The best part is now that I am teacher and the dress code where I work is casual, I can wear the sneakers and save my feet and back from aching. It's awesome!!!

I'm all about comfortable shoes of all kinds--I'm not about to suffer for fashion. But I do like some style with my comfort.

TxZen
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I'm all about comfortable shoes of all kinds--I'm not about to suffer for fashion. But I do like some style with my comfort.
    I bought some nice sneakers that are very colorful. I love them!!

Thread Information