Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Voluntary Simplicity classes start tonight!

Williamsmith
    UA, you remind me of the Direct TV settlers commercial. "Now mother, we are Settlers, I've settled for a rubber band all my life. I don't need a wallet. We find our satisfaction elsewhere."

Geez UA, with the money you are saving on your student loan payments, you think you could buy one skimpy little wallet? Get rid of the rubber band and you will still own 150 items......you do count the rubber band don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Get rid of the rubber band and you will still own 150 items......you do count the rubber band don't you?
    snort, that was a good one

I have to say I admire your tenacity and faithfulness to your beliefs, UA. I'm sure I could never do what you are doing.

UA, you remind me of the Direct TV settlers commercial. "Now mother, we are Settlers, I've settled for a rubber band all my life. I don't need a wallet. We find our satisfaction elsewhere."

Geez UA, with the money you are saving on your student loan payments, you think you could buy one skimpy little wallet? Get rid of the rubber band and you will still own 150 items......you do count the rubber band don't you?
    I am tempted to google that commercial! lol

I count the rubber band and the cards/fishing license/driver license/IDs/Etc. as my "wallet."

HA! Ultraliteangler has a rubber band and I just put my cards and money in my pockets!

Williamsmith
    UA I just remembered that my father used to have a rubber band for a wallet. He used the thin type twisted one time so that it formed a cross on both sides. I would do the same except my son gifted me a Ralph Lauren Polo leather credit card and ID holder type. It has the logo on it. Very stylish and speaks of my great taste in fine accessories. When waitresses and waiters see you bust out the rubber band wallet, they immediately think..."I ain't getting much of a tip."

UA I just remembered that my father used to have a rubber band for a wallet. He used the thin type twisted one time so that it formed a cross on both sides. I would do the same except my son gifted me a Ralph Lauren Polo leather credit card and ID holder type. It has the logo on it. Very stylish and speaks of my great taste in fine accessories. When waitresses and waiters see you bust out the rubber band wallet, they immediately think..."I ain't getting much of a tip."
    Ha!

I tip well. I try to do my part in ensuring people get a living wage!

Wallets can be gotten at thrifts you know, they always seem to have a large selection around here. It's not like you have to buy brand new . I thought I was a little wacky not having a purse though maybe someday, but I do have a wallet.
    Trees don't grow on money

UL, you know I was teasing, right? I have a set of silverware with more than 150 pieces. I just thought it was funny to find a function for which you used an item and I did not. I mean, what are the odds?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    UL, you know I was teasing, right? I have a set of silverware with more than 150 pieces. I just thought it was funny to find a function for which you used an item and I did not. I mean, what are the odds?
    The odds are pretty slim! haha

Thread Information