Thread: Travel Insurance HELP

Travel Insurance HELP

If you are familiar with this please help or direct to me where will as I can not find the answers online. Am waiting on a reply from the insurance company.

Can someone without the person's knowledge take out travelers insurance on another person?
    Example; An Admin who plans the flights and travel for people in the office. Can this person take out the insurance in her name?

I received a letter with another person's name, the said mentioned above, with my address. It was a claim for a trip that we had and canceled. I called and yes that was a claim filed under another person name. I said nothing more as I was so set back by this. I wanted more info before pursuing the issue. I have feeling that this is what is going on. And seems like it would be good payout for the Admin since so many business flights are rebooked/ canceled.

We've had trip insurance for a few big vacations over the past few years. I looked at the documentation provided for Travelsafe, the company that covered us both times. BTW it appears that the rules may change by state; I had to select Minnesota before I could see the applicable contract. From their docs:

Insured” means a person(s) who is booked to travel on a Trip, completes the enrollment form and for whom the required premium is paid, also referred to as You and Your
    So it sounds like an Admin or such could indeed get you the insurance and have your organization pay the premium.

But also:
    Concealment and Misrepresentation: The entire coverage will be void, if before, during or after a loss, any material fact or circumstance relating to this Policy or claim has been concealed or misrepresented.
    This implies to me (IANAL) that claiming on this without your knowledge could be viewed as fraudulent. OTOH a trip cancellation is a trip cancellation as long as the reason supplied for the cancellation is not inaccurate/against their terms and restrictions.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I have had trips that included the trip insurance. They took out the policy and it was to protect the tour company I used against perils and make any solutions easier. I might not have taken out the insurance and would have self insured or each person might have had a different company to deal with in case of emergency.

Be aware that the company is not going to pay a claim unless there is a covered loss. When this trip was cancelled, did the travel company incur a loss perhaps on airfare fees or hotel cancellation costs?

Should find out Monday how/if it is as appears/how much info this person has and even though the person is not getting payout from this.

After a great deal of searching, just think if this is true as it appears, what a lucrative business because all the business flights that are canceled often. However this was a personal flight, which meant the person had access to the account too.

Thread Information