Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Tea Thread!

I found a box of caffeine-free Barry's at Big Lots and bought it to try and found it the best caffeine-free black tea. Like many things they carry at Big Lots - it's one and done..... Now I order it from Amazon since I never found another box of it.

I love too many to choose a favorite; it really depends upon my mood. Right now I'm having a mint tea from Bigelow to get me through the afternoon. Most evenings lately I've been having SleepyTime's Lemon Jasmine. In my work desk drawer I have on hand Bigelow green tea (plain) and Twining's chai.

At home I have a diffuser which sits right in the top of my pot. At work I use a tea ball if I have loose tea (jasmine pearls or dried elderberries or rose hips) or tea bags.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Lessisbest, thank you for posting the link to that article! I drink a lot of tea, and had never heard of potential toxicity (especially in rooibos.)

I'm not that picky. I mean I'll drink Lipton without complaints. But if I'm buying tea (rather than drinking free tea at work etc.) I try to buy the fair trade brands. Black tea with cream, English breakfast seems less caffeinated than Earl Gray, unsweetened chai if I feel like it. I like rooibos too with cream. I actually prefer the tea bags to loose tea as the dosage of caffeine seems more consistent (so no bouncing off the walls for no reason). Caffeine is a drug and should be administered as such
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    Lessisbest, thank you for posting the link to that article! I drink a lot of tea, and had never heard of potential toxicity (especially in rooibos.)
    There are a lot of sources for heavy metals in your kitchen alone, and that's why I take a bottle of Modililan Pure Brown Seaweed Extract a couple time a year. It removes heavy metals from your body.

-calcium pills - lead
    -coffee - cadmium
    -cacao powder - cadmium
    -herbal supplements - lead
    -fish - mercury
    -grass juice powders - lead
    -rice protein powders - lead, cadmium, tungsten
    -cabinet handles - lead and nickel (in brass)
    -cooking pans - aluminum
    -clams - lead
    -rice - arsenic
    -baking powder - aluminum
    -flatware - led, cadmium
    -sea vegetables - lead, cadmium
    -tap water - lead, copper
    -compact florescent lightbulbs - mercury

Did somebody mention tea?

Friends joke that my collection rivals Teavana's. It doesn't, really, but that evidences just how much I have. Friends and the tea gods have been very generous. I have bought *some* but I've also signed up for every free tea sample I can for the past 20+ years.

The collection is always evolving since I do drink and cook with it.

I'm not a tea snob, though. I've thought about taking one of those classes on tea to learn more but I'm just as happy with something from the dollar store that tastes good to me.

Evening in Missoula tastes good to me. I got a package of that in a box auction on my refund board. Didn't know it was still available. Yeah!

Hard to say I have a favorite blend since I have yet to try a tea that hasn't been drinkable. (Dandelion comes close, but I did tweak it to make it survive.) That said, I adore OUT OF AFRICA by spottedleopardtea.com. Rooibos, vanilla, coconut, chocolate, and tastes like liquid Almond Joy, which is a good thing because my gallstone prevents me from having another Almond Joy.

So glad our frugal board thread continues here. Wheeee...

Thread Information