Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Your best simple living advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    In my world there is only one noise more annoying than the dishwasher, and that is the electric sweeper.
    I recently found an old-fashioned carpet sweeper for $5, and I'm in heaven! Saves me dragging out the vacuum for most clean-ups.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Geila
    We cook most of our meals from scratch and until recently always washed by hand. Last year I started to get backaches and hot flashes every time I washed the dishes so I had one put in and I loooooove it. So much. I run it almost every day (sometimes twice a day) and it's usually quite full. Pots, pans, prep bowls, rice cooker, it fills up quickly. I can also throw in the pet bowls. I also use my big pots and pans more often because I can just put in them in the machine instead of scrubbing by hand, so I make bone broth and soup quite a bit. Every time I hear it purring away, I smile and feel grateful for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    In my world there is only one noise more annoying than the dishwasher
    If ours is running, I can't hear it once I walk away from the (open) kitchen. Our kids have one that is (allegedly) so quiet that it has a red LED that shines on the floor when the load is done because (allegedly) otherwise you'd never know the DW was done (or maybe the LED shines while it's running; either way). Our DW was just behind the refrigerator as the most expensive appliance in the house and I don't regret spending that money for one New York minute.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Our dishwasher was 300. We went to Sears’s outlet and they were selling them cheap because they were discontinued. It is super quiet.

I love the dishwasher. It's right up there with the clothes washer. Put stuff in it comes out cleaner than by hand!

Thread Information