Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asylum Worker Admits: ‘90 Per Cent’ Of Migrants Are ‘Unpleasant’, Liars, And Threaten

Asylum Worker Admits: ‘90 Per Cent’ Of Migrants Are ‘Unpleasant’, Liars, And Threaten

Is the Simple Living Forum turning into just another Twitter/Facebook feed of clickbait?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Is the Simple Living Forum turning into just another Twitter/Facebook feed of clickbait?
    I would say it is, in part, but not in total.

rodeosweetheart
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Unfortunately, it seems to be, just another feed of clickbait. Maybe that is why interest is dwindling.

The use of the word "Admits" in the title of the article is silly editorializing.

As for clickbait - sometimes it's nice when things are passed along, but I would like to know why the OP posted the link and what its relevance is to simple living (for all posted links, not just this one.)
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

On the old version of the forums, there was a rule that links introduced in a thread opener must coincide with the OP's thoughts on the subject or a background description of what it was about. That rule wasn't carried over in the new version.

Personally, I make a rule to never follow links that a poster doesn't care enough about to discuss. No clickbait for me.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

rodeosweetheart
    Thank you for the explanation, and apologies as I looked back and I wasn't very clear with an article I posted recently as to why I was posting it--the lady living in the rv, the downside of older folks living in the rv's and traveling for work. I think I am guilty of the clickbait thing and so sorry! Will be more careful next time.

I did look at this article about the refugees, Packratonia, and it sure seems that the social worker has a thankless and difficult task. I do not think I would be up to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Personally, I make a rule to never follow links that a poster doesn't care enough about to discuss. No clickbait for me.
    Pretty much my view. I consider it proper etiquette when posting a link to have a short summary of the link or point out highlights in the link that are significant for discussion. I'd as soon not spend my time starting articles or features of no interest or trolls to rile people up. It's disrespectful to do otherwise.

I don't stop by here much anymore to get Simple/Frugal Living ideas much anymore. It turned into a nice group of posters with usually nice topics. Funny how things evolve. I am guilty of not much simple living posts.

Good thought, I have done it and I am sure others have to hear some voices before offering an opinion. But I don't actually click links without some writing along with it myself.

Thread Information