Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Purge February 2016----5 items a day.....

rodeosweetheart

Purge February 2016----5 items a day.....

Hope it is alright to continue with a new February thread.
    Last night I threw out approximately 20 pieces of Corelle wear. I had actually purchased them because of a thread on the Simple Living board-- someone was saying they were white and plain and went with everything, and very light so it did not aggravate her carpal tunnel.

All true. I threw mine out last night after one exploded.

So about 20 pieces gone, a good start to February.

Way to create a silver lining! I hate the idea of throwing mine out but I must admit I've been dwelling on it. I have broken a couple with spectacular results - those scimitar shapes all over the place - although I've never had one spontaneously explode. What are you buying instead?

My purge for the day was 4 magazines at least 4 months old. I'm also donating a basket and a "fruit saver" that actually tends to bruise the fruit rather than protecting it, identified as purge items in January.

rodeosweetheart
    Cool about the fruit saver. It's good to not fall victim to the sunk cost fallacy!
    I actually have enough china--all vintage stuff, Dansk, some Jadeite, some fiesta, and all I really need to replace are the large bowls, but I was thinking of getting a vintage Dansk wooden salad bowl, and just using my Jadeite mixing bowls for serving.
    It's just hard for me to use the "good stuff"--but I am inspired by my mom, who at 85 decided the time had come to start using her wedding china every day--you know, the stuff you save "for later"?

Thanks for keeping it going.

Tonight I'll add 2 house phones, a DSL modem, an answering machine. Yeah!! Less wires. I hate wires.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I'm in for this month. I've been doing the "busy" thing and my practice of parting with something every day has slowed to a trickle. I need this daily practice. It keeps me balanced.

I am in for the month, not sure if I am up to the 5 items a day until it gets warmer and I
    can get into the garage but will keep trying to find more!
    But, nothing today.

Parted with 600 things: two separate stacks of cards calling for volunteers for the homeless census. Nice cards. Sturdy. Like index cards. I use index cards. But I *HAVE* index cards. Pretty shades of blue and green. They'd work up nicely for homemade paper. Ha! I've never made homemade paper. I'm still knitting a friend's hat I promised two years ago. Do I need to keep at least one for next year? Hmm. Of course, I have it on my computer and in emails. Welp... can't justify keeping them can I?

*put in recycling bin*

Meezer Mom, 600 things! WOW!!

Today I'm getting rid of an old printer I've been saving "just in case". Just in case what, I need incentive to rip my hair out? Lol. Goodbye goodbye goodbye.

Also, 14 cassette tapes.
    Last edited by kib; 2-2-16 at 6:44pm.

I'm almost ready to donate another car full: lamps, bedding, household items, computer parts...And I've consigned a couple of broken items to the garbage. Progress is being made.

2 Christmas catalogs
    1 Consumer Reports best buy book
    1 expired jar of cocoa butter (and checked all expiration dates in medicine cabinet)
    1 Personal Touch razor because, 12 years later, I'm finally convinced they will not come back and I refuse to pay $$$ for rare replacement blades on eBay

So there's my daily 5. Earlier I was looking for a post-it on my desk. I found it but became acutely aware that the drawer hasn't been done in a while. I still have checks from an old account. Oh. My. Off to shred. Add a couple hundred to my daily total.

Thread Information