Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CDC: Young women should avoid alcohol unless using birth control

And here's another interesting take on the matter. Takes into consideration the mother's drinking, other environmental factors, and genetics.

https://thesocietypages.org/socimage...ol-of-mothers/

And here's another interesting take on the matter. Takes into consideration the mother's drinking, other environmental factors, and genetics.

https://thesocietypages.org/socimage...ol-of-mothers/

Another interesting study I read recently, although I don't have a link: when the father is much older then the risk for autism increases greatly. So now perhaps men should seriously consider getting sterilized in their 40s to prevent any increase in autistic babies being born...

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    Another interesting study I read recently, although I don't have a link: when the father is much older then the risk for autism increases greatly. So now perhaps men should seriously consider getting sterilized in their 40s to prevent any increase in autistic babies being born...
    I agree!!! This is good info to know and a good idea.

Gabor Mate also cites fascinating studies about the role of parental stress on the health of an unborn child. He says that cortisol and other stress hormones get passed to the child and impacts their health at the cellular level.

The effects of trauma become multigenerational through repeated psychological dysfunctions. The new science of epigenetics is identifying the mechanisms that even affect gene functioning. The children of Holocaust survivors, for example, have altered genetic mechanisms leading to abnormal stress hormone levels. Animal studies are showing that the physiological effects of trauma can be passed on even to the third generation.

http://www.yesmagazine.org/issues/go...ealth-20151116
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

LOL, When I read the title I thought the article was going to be about women being taken advantage of if they are under the influence of alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Gabor Mate also cites fascinating studies about the role of parental stress on the health of an unborn child. He says that cortisol and other stress hormones get passed to the child and impacts their health at the cellular level.

http://www.yesmagazine.org/issues/go...ealth-20151116
    Then we as a society need to make maternity leave start when women pee on the stick and provide them with a variety of stress-reducing services and such.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    Then we as a society need to make maternity leave start when women pee on the stick and provide them with a variety of stress-reducing services and such.
    Not sure maternity leave for an entire pregnancy would be a stress-reducing strategy for everyone. Some people find joy in work. I don't know what role the government can play when it comes to relieving the kind of extreme stress Mate is talking about, so I'm going to go Republican/Libertarian on you and say let people figure it out for themselves.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Not sure maternity leave for an entire pregnancy would be a stress-reducing strategy for everyone.
    Nothing is ever good enough for you! haha

Thread Information