Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinning hair

I hate anything on my head and wigs are very hot.

I used to wear them all the time in my remote youth, and they're constructed to be lighter now. My problem might be fitting my pinhead.

Makes me remember those wig things called falls we used to wear in high school. I got the thick Irish hair gene but I would bet that certain drugs/treatments might hasten hair loss.

Extensions have largely replaced falls; I don't think they're an improvement. But I'll go on record as liking any and all fake hair.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Extensions have largely replaced falls; I don't think they're an improvement. But I'll go on record as liking any and all fake hair.

when I was losing so much hair I googled hair extensions because I thought to myself dude, just get some hair extensions it is not that big of a deal these days. I guess.. But my googling found the information that hair extensions are less effective for white people hair because it’s so straight. Hair extensions work better for kink hair where there is something to grab onto.

I didn’t look into it seriously because my hair loss slowed down and I lost interest. That is me, I look up something that would make me more beautiful and but find it is not very interesting or that’s a lot of trouble and yeah I just forget about it.

Which is just as well because we natural beauties do not need much artifical help. Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha ha

Also, extensions are hard on whatever hair is left on one's head.

I like wigs because I like variety, and I have zero interest in coloring my hair. If I were a few decades younger, I'd have dozens.
    Last edited by JaneV2.0; 6-24-19 at 3:49pm.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Also, extension are hard on whatever hair is left on one's head.

I like wigs because I like variety, and I have zero interest in coloring my hair. If I were a few decades younger, I'd have dozens.
    that too, extensions break the hairs you do have on your head.

I went to a wig class at last year's comic con and learned a lot. I have naturally thin, fine hair and it is starting to thin as well (I am 52). When we took kids swimming I ended up with my top of head burned along the part. Ouch! So I have been styling it to work with thinning a little, but would probably go with a wig eventually. Right now I rinse my hair with rosemary infusion which smells super nice, is not all chemicals and is supposed to help with hair growth.

There are demi-wigs--"toppers"--you can wear that add hair on top, but they are clipped in, so can eventually add to the problem.

Thread Information