Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other puzzlers out there?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I was looking at that one recently. I've never bought from that company. Were all the pieces mostly the same shape? I think that makes it extra hard. I like all different shaped pieces.
    Was the image light enough? I've discovered that a lot of puzzles end up being darker than they should be, which is unfortunate. It looks like it got good reviews though.
    The pieces were okay, but not cut the best, so that sometimes you had to wonder, is this right--there was not that satisfying little click feeling.

The image was not light but I don't think the picture itself is very light--I think it was pretty true to the painting. We were constantly turning on extra lights and just seeing the pieces was difficult, with our aging eyes.

And literally half the pieces were various blacks, which meant the first half went fine and then the end really got to us.

But it was super fun to do this painting we knew so well and to see how he had done the color shifts--it was challenging, but we learned a lot about the painting.

I don't think we are at your level puzzle wise though--this was only our second puzzle since we started doing them--we gave up on one as being too hard, another painting puzzle, really pretty, but we were so frustrated.

Currently doing a New England snow scene primitive painting of a village and it's going much better--it is from eurographics puzzles and quality is really nice.

https://www.eurographicspuzzles.com/...px?o=6000-5334

Bought it yesterday at TJ Maxx for 14 dollars.

I'm pretty stubborn and have always refused to give up on a puzzle.......no matter how miserable it was making me. hahaha

When you said you were doing a snow scene, I got nervous for you, since a lot of snow can be challenging too.........(Who knew white could be so many different shades?)....but after looking at the link of the puzzle, I think there will be enough other colors for you to, that it won't be too hard.

It's pretty amazing how the quality can differ so much from puzzle to puzzle, and company to company. They all use different "cutters", and I suppose it depends on their work ethic as to how good they cut their puzzles. Also......it makes a big difference if their equipment is sharp or dull. I do a lot from SunsOut, because they seem to have the most rural images, which I prefer. I bought a lot of their older ones and had trouble with the quality, but the newer ones have been great. (So maybe all my bitching to them helped.....haha).

Cobble Hill company is also great. I've found that if there is something wrong with a puzzle, most of the companies are very fair about sending another one. I had one puzzle where the image was cut off around the edge by several inches. It's nice to get a replacement, but it isn't a lot of fun to have to do it over again.

I see people complaining of having missing pieces all the time. I'm sure that happens, but you wouldn't believe how many people find those pieces later.. I've even read of their friends finding them in their house, after they visited the puzzle-doer's house. haha

I did a puzzle a year or so ago and was missing 3 pieces. I looked EVERYWHERE, over and over. I finally made pieces from the image on the box. Fortunately, you couldn't tell too much. BUT.....over a year later, I was sitting in my "puzzle chair", and looked down, and on each side of the puzzle's arms, were indentations in the arms' plastic.......and there were those puzzle pieces!! So now, I have pretty rigid rules about looking all around the area when I get up from the chair, and right before I sit down in it. haha I'm not too compulsive, am I?

I used to do my puzzles in the living room, by a window that wasn't real bright. then I moved to a corner of the dining room with much more light. It makes a huge difference to be able to use sunlight to work puzzles by.

Which was the puzzle you gave up on?

It's funny to read reviews......some people say it's the hardest puzzle they've ever done, while others say it was the easiest and so much fun. Sometimes I think the people who say a really hard one went fast and easy, are lying. haha

I'm definitely a puzzle addict. I have no idea why I like them so much, but I do!
    Good luck with your newest puzzle!

Oh.....I get a chuckle of something I saw someone post online. It's true......after working on a puzzle for a long time and you're missing a piece, it can mean going crazy. The post this girl put up was so funny!

th_missing%20puzzle%20piece.jpg

That is funny, Cathy!
    I don't remember the name of the painting on which the national park picture was painted. It was a great painting, probably from the 20's or 30's. I have repressed the whole thing.

LOL! Yeah, I've had to repress some things too. hahaha
    Let me know how your latest puzzle goes. Hopefully it will be enjoyable.

That is funny! lol
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Well, I finally finished the project that was taking up the puzzle space. And, except for baking and cooking, I'm close to finishing holiday preparations, so.... My holiday jigsaw puzzle is set up and started as of last night!! It is 1500 pieces and called All the World's a Stage. And the question on the front of the box is: Can you find all 38 of Shakespeare's plays in this puzzle? LOL - let the fun begin!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Puzzles are up to 35% off at Amazon today, FYI.

Finished: It's called All The World's a Stage

DSC02796.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Finished: It's called All The World's a Stage

DSC02796.jpg
    Wow happystuff......that's great! How many pieces was it?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Wow happystuff......that's great! How many pieces was it?
    1500. It went quicker than I thought it would.

Thread Information