Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other puzzlers out there?

That looks like the kind of puzzle I'd enjoy.
    And it just so happens that the color of my tile floor is mostly the same color gray as the backside of puzzle pieces, so we've "lost" pieces that end up being found minutes later when we hand-sweep the floor and they flip right-side up.
    If they are actually lost than we mark the front of the box with the number of pieces missing so the next person doesn't feel they've lost them.

CathyA and other puzzlers:
    I'm curious if you like to do crossword puzzles or Sudoku/number puzzles too? or is it just picture puzzles? I've gotten more into crossword puzzles and my SO is into KenKen and Sudoku and I'm wondering if that's all connected as enjoyable hobbies.

Hi Lainey. I LOVE the selection of SunsOut puzzles, but they seem to have more defects.

Cobble Hill is a pretty reliable, impressive puzzle company. They make a lot of their puzzle pieces in very unusual shapes. But I love that and find that it makes putting the puzzle together much easier. And they have a beautiful "linen" finish on their pieces.
    But they don't offer as many rural scenes that I like. I have gotten my Robert Batman (wildlife artist) puzzles from them. They have never been missing a piece. Although one time I got a puzzle from them that had almost all the same shaped pieces. I talked to their customer service and she sent me another one (free), with more varied puzzle pieces. AND.....she sent me an extra different puzzle too!.......just to be nice!

SunsOut has good customer service too. I've discovered if you're nice to them, they'll be nice to you!

Yes......I do like crossword puzzles. But I have to admit, I do the easy-medium ones. I just like solving "mysteries" or challenges. I don't do Sudoku. Is that kinda frustrating? I wonder if easy crossword puzzles are still good for the ageing mind?

You wouldn't believe my computer room.......there are stacks of boses of puzzles I haven't done yet, and lots of finished puzzles, framed and unframed. It's a disease. hahaha I just love it. What can I saw? There are worse addictions. I only wish I were also obsessed with housework.......but that ain't gonna happen. hahaha

Have you ever done a wooden puzzle? They're pretty cool too. But you have to drop the pieces in just right. I've done a couple of those......but I do prefer the "regular" puzzles.

What am I going to do when I've done all the nature/bird/rural puzzles out there??

I was on a Cryptic Crossword jag for awhile. They're a devilish two-level puzzle--first you solve the clue, then the crossword. There are a number of clue constructs, which is what makes them devilish. I was thinking the other day I should get back to them.

I buy puzzles for a friend at garage sales. Last year I got 22 of them for her (total cost $11). She was thrilled. She said only one puzzle had a piece missing and it was an unopened puzzle, no less. It is fun to have something to look for and she loves doing them and then passes them on to her mother. She likes doing the artist ones also.

I just bought a beautiful wooden puzzle for my mother from these folks: https://zenartdesign.com/product-cat...igsaw-puzzles/
    It is a lovely hummingbird image, and they are made here in Massachusetts. These might not be challenging enough for a puzzle master, but I think it will be an appropriate level of challenge for Mom. They are very lovely though.

Wow.......those are really lovely rosarugosa. I see a couple I would like! I had never heard of that company. I usually just looked at "Artifact" wooden puzzle company. They have some pretty funky stuff that I'm not really interested in, but they had a couple I really liked. Here's their link: https://www.artifactpuzzles.com/ I can't remember if I posted these. Photobucket removed a lot of them when they started charging.

The first one is "Naughty Bird"
    The second one is "The Carpet Merchant". Are the ones made by the company you mentioned made with "whimsical" pieces? In mine, they put pieces in the shapes of birds, people, etc. It's an interesting change from the usual type of puzzle.

Naughty Bird puzzle finished-2.jpg

The Carpet Merchant - 3.jpg

Cathy: I recall that there was at least one hummingbird-shaped piece in the puzzle I bought for Mom.

I'm liking their lotus and waterlily puzzles........but they have them marked wrong. They've reversed their titles. Gosh.......can't I overlook anything??
    I tried to contact them, but couldn't get it to work. I actually corrected a puzzle company when they were calling certain cardinals by the wrong names. haha

Thanks for both of these links. I like the fact that both are manufactured in the U.S. And the puzzles for age 4-8 look beautiful too.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I'm liking their lotus and waterlily puzzles........but they have them marked wrong. They've reversed their titles. Gosh.......can't I overlook anything??
    I tried to contact them, but couldn't get it to work. I actually corrected a puzzle company when they were calling certain cardinals by the wrong names. haha
    Cathy: You sound like my husband. I tell him it must be hard to be in charge of quality control for the universe!

Thread Information