Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other puzzlers out there?

A friend of mine knows how much I love putting puzzles together. Like I told her, I'm not a team player when it comes to putting together "my" puzzles. As I said above, about DH finding that one lost piece and putting it into the puzzle, it was extra funny when my friend sent me this cartoon. It really made me laugh.

Puzzle funny.jpg

That is funny, Cathy. The last piece!!!!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

CathyA - thanks. Beautiful owl! I love the animal puzzles, I just don't seem to get many of them.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

We just tried a 500 piece puzzle and it was so pleasant that I just bought another. The pieces in the 100 piece puzzle were so small, and we were getting frustrated, and it wasn't the joyous puzzle experience. Found a 500 piece at a Goodwill and it is the sweet spot--I feel absolutely ancient, that's the only downside. But we both enjoyed it, and it was relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    We just tried a 500 piece puzzle and it was so pleasant that I just bought another. The pieces in the 100 piece puzzle were so small, and we were getting frustrated, and it wasn't the joyous puzzle experience. Found a 500 piece at a Goodwill and it is the sweet spot--I feel absolutely ancient, that's the only downside. But we both enjoyed it, and it was relaxing.
    Congrats on finding a puzzle you like! I'm not sure what you mean by the "I feel absolutely ancient". I love doing puzzles! I only have one left in the house right now and keep thinking about setting up the puzzle table, but I can't/won't. If I do, everything else will fall to the way-side and I just have too many projects and things to do first. LOL. Maybe sooner rather than later, though.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Congrats on finding a puzzle you like! I'm not sure what you mean by the "I feel absolutely ancient".
    It was the 500 piece thing that made me feel old--the 1000 piece puzzles had pieces that were too small to see! So it was an eyesight/arthritis dexterity thing, that's why I said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    It was the 500 piece thing that made me feel old--the 1000 piece puzzles had pieces that were too small to see! So it was an eyesight/arthritis dexterity thing, that's why I said that.
    LOL. Thanks for the explanation. I was thinking it was the actual "activity" making you feel old. I can relate to the eyesight!

So we bought another 500 piece puzzle, a Springbok, which had the weirdest shapes ever, which made it much harder and upped the annoyance factor.

I am now learning to look at the shapes to see if we are going to like it.

We are attempting a 1000 piece one that is high in annoyance because of tiny pieces, but it's a great picture, and we are out of puzzles, and I'm too cheap to buy them right now.

We need more estate sale puzzles! Last week I saw one in a plastic bag, no picture, for 5 dollars. That's insane.

I am drooling over this one right now, once we force ourselves to finish the 1000 piece-er.

We had a stash of 500 piece puzzles maybe 5 or 6 which we didn't use in the winter. We've done 2 so far. The are not too hard, pretty pictures and from the Dollar General store. The are only about 11 X 15 so don't take up too much space.

Received thanks from a friend... got her 29 puzzles (varieties she liked) last summer from garage sales. It is helping her save her sanity now.

Thread Information