Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Any other puzzlers out there?

That is beautiful! Thanks for sharing and thanks for the extra info. Interesting how you said you had to put it together.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I've done a few million puzzles since I was here last. haha I'm definitely a puzzle addict. Since my knees hurt so bad, it's nice to have this to do with no pain. I've done a couple wooden puzzles. I found the trick was to lower the pieces down into their proper space. Sometimes a tweezer works well for that. I used to glue all my finished puzzles, but that became too many. So now if I'm on the fence about gluing them, I'll keep them put together, but put them aside and look at them later, when they might not mean as much to me, and then put the pieces back in the box, or give them away. I'm a bit neurotic about keeping them all though.

The last one I did was a little different from my usual nature/wildlife ones I usually do, but this one was so sweet, I liked it. I hope you can enlarge it to see the details.

IMG_7875.jpg

That IS sweet, Cathy.

I always think of a (now passed away) friend of mine who was a puzzle enthusiast. She glued many of hers and had them placed around her grand house (which had a turret-reading nook!). I recall she used them for placemats and had them on her fireplace hearth like a rug would be. I miss her. She was so quirky. She also collected coat hooks. They were in unexpected places on the walls all over her house.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I also started gluing some together, but it just became too much. Now I'll take a picture of them and of the box, take them apart and pass them along to someone else.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

That is so cute, Cathy!

Here's another one that drove me NUTS!! But I finally finished it. It reminded me of some of what I can see out my window on some Full Moon nights.

IMG_7202.jpg

Okay, I promise this is the last one for today. It's called "A Smokey Mountain Morning". Sorry....don't know why it's posting twice....

IMG_7427.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those are really nice, Cathy. I especially like the trees.

I think you must be a very patient person to do puzzles. I sat down recently with a small puzzle (300 pieces) because a friend of mine loves them. I lasted about a half hour before all the pieces went back in the box.

Beautiful! The trees look like a challenging one.

Thread Information