Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other puzzlers out there?

Hi Lainey. Was that one hard?

Have to admit I only did a small part of it, my SO is an expert puzzler and he did most of it. I wouldn't say it was particularly hard, though, because it had enough variety of color to let you segregate those pieces, e.g., all of the red have to be on either this or that billboard image...
    It's the puzzles with similar shades of just a few colors that seem to throw me off.

Yeah, me too. Unfortunately, I really love the images that tend to be hard........like fall leaves, trees, creekbeds, etc. That's why I like puzzle pieces that are pretty differently shaped from each other..........'cause then I can go on shape, instead of color. I hate a difficult puzzle with all the same shaped pieces. I've learned to ask the puzzle companies if the puzzle I want has irregularly shaped pieces before I buy it. But if it's an image I love........I tolerate anything. haha

I've been wondering if puzzles with fewer pieces end up looking much different than the higher numbered pieced puzzles. Is it like cross-stitch where the more stitches per inch is a more solid-looking piece? I'm thinking of maybe getting that Barn owl puzzle in the 1,000 piece size and comparing it to the 285 piece size...........but geez..........a 1,000 piece mostly owl puzzle would no-doubt drive me wacky. haha
    What kinds of images does your husband tend to like?

We're living together, not married yet (probably in 2020, basically for financial reasons.)
    Anyway, he will tackle all kinds of puzzles as long as it's not a childish image of kittens, puppies or similar. The 3-D puzzle didn't go over well either - too dizzying.

Wow. Ran across this the other day while I was wasting time watching youtube videos, this is one big puzzle and this guy was fully committed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAaFJFdmSDI
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Wow. Ran across this the other day while I was wasting time watching youtube videos, this is one big puzzle and this guy was fully committed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAaFJFdmSDI
    Wow. I think I'd rather be in prison. Seriously. Plus, I just couldn't work on the floor like that. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    We're living together, not married yet (probably in 2020, basically for financial reasons.)
    Anyway, he will tackle all kinds of puzzles as long as it's not a childish image of kittens, puppies or similar. The 3-D puzzle didn't go over well either - too dizzying.
    Someone got me a 3-D puzzle once, and i threw it out. My mind just doesn't think like that. It wasn't any fun at all. Actually, I couldn't even make any progress on it. I guess I'm a 1-Dimensional person. haha

Here's my newest ones. I'm an addict.

IMG_9110.jpg

IMG_9066.jpg

IMG_9099.jpg

Here's my latest. I've wanted the limited reproduction of this print (Carl Brender's "The Family Tree") for a long time, but it was too expensive. It just recently went on the market as a puzzle! It was pretty hard, but I was very motivated. I glued it and now need to find a frame for it. (Oh, and I need more walls!!) The are saw whet owls.

The Family Tree Puzzle.jpg

Love this puzzle of "Morning Meadowlark" by Susan Bourdet. I occasionally hear a meadowlark in our field.

Meadowlark Morning puzzle.jpg

I put together a beautiful one of "Hummingbirds and Hostas". It was Very difficult. When I finished, it had 3 missing pieces. I NEVER lose pieces. I talked with the company and they said it was no longer made. I'll need to be creative in how I hide those 3 blank spaces. It's disappointing to work so hard on something and have it be missing pieces. Oh well.....on to the next puzzle, which is Robert Bateman's "Spotted Owl". I have the print of it, but it just came out as a puzzle, so I got that too and am working on it. Such fun!

Thread Information