Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other puzzlers out there?

Looking in on this thread, you are all amazing in completing these puzzles. The word crossword sounds quite challenging, Dado.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    Thanks! I am finished now. I will know on 1/14/22 what the correct solution is. There are prizes for contestants, so I think I will submit my solution.
    That's pretty neat. Let us know how you do!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

DH and I finished this puzzle yesterday. I bought it at a fun little shop in Swampscott last summer. I had asked the shop owner about the puzzles, and she said that she was an artist and had some of her paintings made into puzzles for her store. Her name sounded familiar, and I asked if she had donated an amaryllis oil painting to a charitable auction the previous year, and she had, and it was in my living room because I had bid on it and won, so it was a fun interaction! Needless to say, I had to buy one of her puzzles of a lovely local seascape.
    puzzle.jpg

That is so beautiful, and what a cool story about meeting the artist.

I am doing a 1000 piece yard sale puzzle. It is a symbolic way to deal with the fact I never had a yard sale for my parents, and I wanted to, and my brother "sold" everything, thousands and thousands of dollars of tools and antiques, for $3500. I found the puzzle in a store in Ohio driving back from my 3 days cleaning their house out for anything of sentimental value or important papers. It's more than my usual pieces, but it's my hope I can work through the grief and lay it to rest, along with the house and what he did.

I wish you well with your puzzle endeavor, Tybee. I hope it proves to be a satisfying experience.

What a wonderful idea on how to deal with all of those things at once, Tybee. Wishing you the best of luck with both the puzzle and the resolutions.

Beautiful, rosa! I can see a definite challenge in both the sky and water. How many pieces was it?
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Happy: It was 500 pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Happy: It was 500 pieces.
    That's a nice size. I like her work.

Just finished today. Thomas Kincaid, 1000 pieces. Don't know if I want to take down my table and take a break or start another one. Hmmm... I think... start another one! LOL.

DSC03026.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Just finished today. Thomas Kincaid, 1000 pieces. Don't know if I want to take down my table and take a break or start another one. Hmmm... I think... start another one! LOL.

DSC03026.jpg
    Very nice, and I vote for start another one!

Thread Information