Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Any other puzzlers out there?

I agree Lainey........no sense in being tormented! Sometimes I do 300 piece ones, just to be sure to have fun! ha ha

It's funny, one of the first ones I did last year was a christmas gift from my daughter. I think she bought the wrong one......not the one I mentioned. It was the hardest one I've ever done. I think I posted the puzzle pic......it was an owl on a tree in winter......all grays/whites. It drove me crazy. It actually started depressing me......but since it was from my DD, I kept on and finished it. I know this sounds nutty, but I've learned, if I really like the image, I can keep going, even if it's days until I find just a couple pieces. For some reason, that seems to be good for me, rather than quitting. I think my OCD helps me through too. hahaha

My son is a pescatarian, who sometimes eats red meat, but not often. Anyhow........he loves hotdogs. Go figure! Anyhow, I bought him a puzzle of hotdogs for him to put together, since I thought he'd enjoy that. Well, it drove him crazy and he quit. I told him to send it home and I'd go crazy for him. hahaha It was the worst puzzle to put together. Everything kept coming apart so easily. I ended up putting heavy coasters on different areas to keep it together. I finally finished it, glued it and put it in a frame for him. hahaha I find it really curious that I like doing them so much. Oh well......there are worse addictions!

deleted. Photobucket wouldn't let me post a pic without paying to do so.

puzzle.JPG
    CathyA, Apparently photobucket won't leave up past things you've posted. I started at the begining of this thread and here was what was in place of the first photo you posted. Was it a photo you took or a stock image on-line? I just use the little photo icon and the basic uploader to add my own pictures now.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I've been decluttering diligently, and have arrived at the games and puzzles department of my life. I MUST know all pieces are there before I decide whether to keep, toss, or send to resale. This has resulted in me putting together quite a few puzzles. The last one was 500 pieces and a landscape. The colors of the wildflowers in the foreground were so similar, I had a hard time distinguishing...the parts seemed to be primarily like a human with two "outie" bumps for the arms. I tried to piece the outer edge first, and ended up with two that don't hook together in the bottom row... I even counted to ensure I still had 500 pieces. In the end, I gave up. I had two days into it and even dh could see my frustration. It should be fun, right?