Jigsaw puzzles appear to be sort of an easy/silly hobby to have. But dang......they can really give your mind a work-out. I finished a 500 piece one of Robert Bateman's Great Blue Heron. Then I started on another one of his that is 1000 pieces....and mostly greys. It's such an exercise in patience. It seems to work a part of my brain that I don't usually use. You become aware of colors, textures, shapes. I think I may have given up, had it not been for the fact that my DD gave it to me for christmas, and I don't want to disappoint her. I might spend an hour looking for one piece and can't find it. Then I go back later, or first thing in the morning, and pick it right out. Shows me how much better we think when we've been refreshed.

I framed the Heron one, and used a matte finish glue on it, but the plexiglass it came with is too reflective. So I'm trying to find a less expensive non-glare option. The non-glare glass was going to be over $50.00!

This puzzle is a love-hate thing. But I think it's a good workout for my brain.........and learning patience and perseverance. It's about 26.5" x 19".

Anyone else work on these?

Here's a picture of the one I'm working on now. I don't know if I posted it before. It's unbelievably hard. I couldn't do this with a cat around. And with my arthritic fingers, it can be a challenge to pick up the pieces......but onward I go.........