I'm posting this here because it's not about the health benefits that I strive for with my hiking, but is just about how much I enjoy the beauty of the trails and views and blah blah blah. Today I went on a new trail about 20 minutes from our house. 3.1 miles up and 3.1 miles back. A little under 1200 foot elevation gain. This is pretty much the sweet spot for me as far as difficulty goes, so I was super excited to check it out. And the views did not disappoint. San Francisco and Oakland skylines as well as the Richmond bridge. Hopefully the picture is high enough resolution that you can see them off in the distance. (san francisco is pretty much in the dead center of the picture)

trail.jpg

And after I got home and was posting a review on All Trails, the website/app that I use to find trails, and not get lost on the trails when I'm out hiking, I found a review by this guy. Apparently he wears a gopro on his head when he goes hiking or something. If you want to see a 6x version of the exact hike I did today follow the link. (obviously he did this before all the rain we have received so it looks a little different now.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEhO5YDWwrw