Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other puzzlers out there?

Wow........that does look hard, especially with the pieces (I think) being all the same shape and no edges. I've never done one with no edge pieces. Funny, there are extra pieces. I wonder if someone else is missing those exact pieces?
    Maybe they are spares, in case you lose any. haha What company was it made by? I definitely prefer puzzle pieces to have random shapes. Sure can make it easier. Good job, happystuff!

Hi CathyA - it is called Impossibles by Bepuzzled. And the five extra pieces are actually advertised on the box - LOL. Part of the challenge, I guess.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

LOL.......so the extra pieces are to make it even harder. haha Maybe I've said this before, but I've heard of some people requesting that a puzzle be sent without any image of what it's supposed to look like, so that's a much bigger challenge. Wow....not sure I'd like that.

I've never heard of that! I'm not sure I could do a no-image puzzle. Maybe a small one to try it out?!?! LOL
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Yeah, maybe something like 15 pieces. I have to say, over the years, I've gotten more into not looking at the image on the box, but most of the time I just go by shape and color. I'm a real "shape" person, which is why I like puzzle pieces to be all different shapes. I think more puzzle companies are getting into that. Have you ever done a wooden puzzle? Most of them have interesting pieces of objects in them.......a dog, a tree, etc. They are a different kind of fun.

We're doing a panoramic puzzle now - 3 feet wide. Not our usual either, but since it was on sale for .99 it's cheap entertainment!

Hi Lainey. I've done a couple of those.........one with quail overlooking a farm in the evening, one of ducks, and I still have one I haven't done yet of a fence line of different birds. I like those because you don't have to reach very far to get to the top. What's yours of?

One of the only puzzles I still keep is a panoramic 1000 "mini" puzzle. LOL. Someday I'll pull it out again. Right now I'm working on a city-scape of Guanajuato, Mexico. Pretty nice and much easier than the golf clubs - lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Hi Lainey. I've done a couple of those.........one with quail overlooking a farm in the evening, one of ducks, and I still have one I haven't done yet of a fence line of different birds. I like those because you don't have to reach very far to get to the top. What's yours of?
    It's a lineup of different birds. Birds that would not be together in nature, but look make a pretty scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    It's a lineup of different birds. Birds that would not be together in nature, but look make a pretty scene.
    Haha.....I think it's one that I have, but haven't put it together yet. There are some puzzles of birds I'd sort of like to get, but if they have sort of "unnatural" settings, I don't like it. Like there's a couple of ones with birds on a birdhouse that would never be in that setting. I guess, for the most part, the image has to make sense to me. And I don't like photographs that are made into puzzles. I don't know why. I just prefer painted images. I hate it when I love 99% of the image, but then they put one thing in there that's sort of out-of-place, so I can't get it. There was one puzzle of a nighttime scene, I think of a farm. In the tree was an owl (brown), and then a sort of light grey owl right next to it. I like the artist, but I thought it was pretty stupid of him to do that. Then I started to realize that it was a Halloween-spooky-type puzzle and that light owl was a ghost owl. haha

Thread Information