Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other puzzlers out there?

Thanks everyone. I have no idea why I can be so patient with puzzles. I wish I had that focus for housework! haha I think if my legs weren't failing me, I'd be doing a lot of other things instead........but who knows.
    I just love putting a beautiful image together. I guess the more beautiful the image, the harder the puzzle can be. But I'm motivated to "make" that beautiful image. I sort of live in it for awhile. I have no artistic talent, so I guess this is the closest I can get to it. haha

Sometimes I think it's more OCD than it is patience. hahaha

The "Full Moon" puzzle, with the trees WAS very hard. A few times I considered throwing it across the room, but I didn't. Some of the trees were so dark, it was hard to tell what went where. I think I tried every single puzzle piece in every single opening.

I do get a few other things done during the day! I have my puzzle table set up in the corner of our dining room, which has windows on both sides. While doing the puzzles, I get to watch squirrels, deer, chipmunks, bunnies, and all sorts of birds. I set up a couple little stands between my table and the window and have some houseplants on there. So it's a nice little corner.

Ok, I'm on a roll. Here's a couple more I've done. I haven't been here in awhile, so there's lots of them. I hope I'm not bragging too much.

I think the first one is something like "Northern Lights". Funny, when the pandemic took off, everyone was buying jigsaw puzzles and they were selling out. The Chinese companies jumped in and starting selling tons of them. What's weird is, a lot of them don't have names for the images on the puzzle. So they just say words of things that are IN the puzzle......like Snow, Pine tree, Birds. I wonder why there's no name to it??

The second one is Rosemary Millette's Goldfinch and Thistle.

The third one is Winter Watch, by David Feathers. I love this one!

IMG_7021.jpg

IMG_5221.jpg

IMG_6790.jpg

Nice! I'm partial to the birds and I know you are a bird lover too.

Love the owl!!! And the others are nice too. What size puzzles do you normally work on? (number of pieces)
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thanks happystuff. Most of my stuff is 1,000 pieces, but I do a lot of 500 pieces. When I want a nice break, I might do a 300 piece one.
    I've done 1500 piece one, and it was mostly fall colors, so that sort of got me over doing anything larger than 1,000. haha I think I posted a pic of that one awhile back, but here it is again.
    I love doing owl puzzles, but dang, they are hard, since their feathers are in such different positions/colors, etc. But I keep doing them cause they're so beautiful. haha

Puzzle, Autumn Bridge IMG_7888.jpg

I love all the nature scenes, but for some reason I've been given/acquire towns, etc. lately. I don't buy a lot of puzzles, but get them through exchanges or pass-a-longs, and sometimes as gifts. Beggars can't be choosers - ROFLOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Whatever you like is fair game! Nature is my go-to theme. I usually don't like any sign of humans. (Sorry 'bout that!) The only time I did one I wouldn't have picked for myself was when my son was young and he loved hot dogs (He's a vegan now, but still eats Vegan hot dogs...haha) Anyhow, I gave him this hot dog puzzle I'd found and he just couldn't do it. So I did it for him. It was a real challenge! It had like 5 different kinds of condiments on the hot dogs, and it was a cheap puzzle and I ended up having to put paper-weights all over the puzzle while I was doing it, to keep everything from popping up. then I glued and framed it and gave it to him. haha
    He has his own videography business now and I kid him saying "So did you put the hot dog puzzle up in your office?" haha (I think it's in the back of one of his closets now. haha Putting it together was one of those labors of love.

Still fighting this cold, so had a lazy puzzle day yesterday. "Lake Como"

DSC02983.jpg

That's really pretty, Happy. Hope you feel better!

Since I am now literally in-home for the holidays, let the puzzling begin! Finished this Christmas Eve.

DSC03015.jpg

Thread Information