Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Any other puzzlers out there?

Sort of isolating to recover so these are what I have been doing since Christmas night:

DSC03100.jpg

DSC03104.jpg

The wolf one is 1000 pieces and the flowers is a 500 piece.

Started a new one today and hope to have it finished before I head back to work on Monday.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

This kept me nicely occupied while isolated with COVID. 1000 pieces but the difficult part was the fact that - except for the edges - there were only two basic shapes to the pieces.

DSC03110.jpg
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    This kept me nicely occupied while isolated with COVID. 1000 pieces but the difficult part was the fact that - except for the edges - there were only two basic shapes to the pieces.

DSC03110.jpg
    Wow, that does sound exceptionally challenging!

Here is my latest puzzle, with a dark backstory that will probably be most interesting to LBB. This decrepit building is a local landmark of sorts on US Route 1 in Saugus, MA. In local online groups, people are always raging about what an eyesore it is, something must be done, etc. etc. For whatever reason, the presence of Karla's has always amused me, and I've seen it slowly crumble away over the years (it looks much worse now than it did when the puzzle photo was taken). When I had the chance to acquire it in puzzle form, I could not resist. It turns out there is also a dark backstory to Karla's. In a nutshell, it is owned by the family of a young woman who was dating a Saugus cop and it is believed by her family that he played a part in her mysterious death. The family stays current on the taxes, and leaves the decrepit property in its high-visibility location as a big f*ck you to the town.
    http://www.realcrimes.com/Fiorenza/v...OnfWvAOGhWNOeA

puzzle.jpg

Love the puzzle, rr. And, man, what a back-story!!!

just finished this one.
    500 pc

20230123_133411.jpg
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

That's very pretty Kay.

That is so pretty, Kay!

As I've probably posted before, I do anywhere from 1-3 puzzles over the holidays. I actually have three new ones, but not sure how many I will complete. Started the first and just had a great night sitting and working on it... not worrying about anything or rushing to get anything done. Cheesy one I rescued from the school garbage - photo of Friends. LOL. But it's a puzzle and I'm enjoying the process of putting it together.

I can see how doing puzzles is a good meditative exercise. Happy stuff, enjoy your holiday. I know you do pretty hard physical work so this downtime must be nice.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 12-23-23 at 2:10pm.
    I am not a serious person.

Thread Information