Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other puzzlers out there?

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Since I stayed in-house all day yesterday, I did this one this one. 500 pieces and only took a couple hours.

Attachment 3639
    Whoa, happystuff, that is amazing--I can't believe you did that in a couple of hours. OMG I would have given up, as there is no way I could have put that together, even with several days. Yikes.

I need little reference points in the pictures!

Happy, that one looks challenging!

Actually, the colors were easy to distinguish between as was the snow/ground along the bottom.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

DH and I made a really fun puzzle last week. It was a Liberty puzzle that a friend had loaned to us. I was not familiar with the brand, but it was a very intricate and challenging puzzle, with "picture shapes" within the puzzle in addition to the actual puzzle picture. Hard to describe and I don't think I'm doing a very good job, lol. Anyway, they are made of wood and crazy expensive, but we really enjoyed it. Here's a link to give a better idea: https://www.libertypuzzles.com/wooden-jigsaw-puzzles

RR, there is another brand of wooden puzzles that are similar to this... I think someone may have posted them earlier. These are beautiful! Did you find that the 'picture shapes' helped or hindered the putting together?
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    DH and I made a really fun puzzle last week. It was a Liberty puzzle that a friend had loaned to us. I was not familiar with the brand, but it was a very intricate and challenging puzzle, with "picture shapes" within the puzzle in addition to the actual puzzle picture. Hard to describe and I don't think I'm doing a very good job, lol. Anyway, they are made of wood and crazy expensive, but we really enjoyed it. Here's a link to give a better idea: https://www.libertypuzzles.com/wooden-jigsaw-puzzles
    Rosa, these are really beautiful. I might have to get my granddaughters one for Christmas (too expensive for every day) because I think they would love the shapes within the puzzle angle, and they are mad for jigsaw puzzles already.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    RR, there is another brand of wooden puzzles that are similar to this... I think someone may have posted them earlier. These are beautiful! Did you find that the 'picture shapes' helped or hindered the putting together?
    We had to approach it in an entirely different way from any puzzle we've ever made. This was the picture, so it wasn't easy to differentiate the different parts of the picture. There was also a trickiness to the way they cut the edge pieces, so my usual strategy of building the frame first didn't work. We found that we had to build out the shape pictures within the puzzle, then figure out how to link them together, and then it flowed more easily from there.
    While we were working on it, I was pretty obsessed, and spent some beautiful sunny springtime hours at the workbench in the cellar working on the puzzle. I knew I should want to be outside, but all I really wanted to do was work on the puzzle until it was completed!
    https://www.artic.edu/artworks/70065/afterglow

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Rosa, these are really beautiful. I might have to get my granddaughters one for Christmas (too expensive for every day) because I think they would love the shapes within the puzzle angle, and they are mad for jigsaw puzzles already.
    Yes, I never knew these Cadillac puzzles existed, and I was probably better off not knowing, but now I do. . . You can curse me for afflicting you with this knowledge if you wish! As a funny aside, this friend says she likes to share puzzles, and for this particular one, people had written their names, date of completion and their location on the bottom of the box. We were the fourth team to complete the puzzle, and it had gone from VA to CA to MA. That was kind of fun too.

Oh, that painting is glorious--and I love the idea of shapes within the puzzle!

Rosa, I love that you are sending the puzzle around and different people are signing it. We always share our puzzles, and I tried to get a puzzle sharing thing going with DH family, but so far, we are the only ones sending puzzles, so I guess my round robin idea has not caught on.

I'm stuck on an easy National Park banner puzzle--I really like it, but I just don't feel like sitting there, and my husband is usually keeps us on track and he is out of town. I need to finish it or put it away.

Thread Information