Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other puzzlers out there?

Okay guys.........I guess by now you could call me a puzzle addict. I do love all the nature scenes!
    This one was hard, but the image is really neat........of wood ducks.wood duck puzzle - 1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Okay guys.........I guess by now you could call me a puzzle addict. I do love all the nature scenes!
    This one was hard, but the image is really neat........of wood ducks.
    Nice! Puzzles are a great simple living activity. I used to not care for them. But at work people do puzzles during lunch break. I started hanging out with then. After a bit I picked up the puzzle habit too. haha

We did a 1500 piece recently. We're gluing it and framing it.

That's cool, about people doing them at work during break. I think I would have trouble "sharing" my puzzle-making though. I'm a puzzle loner. haha
    I find it interesting that I'm so attracted to doing them. It must fulfill something in me. Maybe it seems like a reasonable alternative to housecleaning. haha
    I'm not at all artistic and paintings/drawings seem like magic to me. So maybe I feel a little artistic by putting these beautiful images together....if only in puzzle form.

Here's my latest. Started out pretty easy, but then got kinda hard. It will look better after I glue it. I keep looking at a cross-stitch I started a couple years ago and feeling like I need to finish it. I've done lots of cross-stitch patterns, but puzzles seems funner.

puzzle 2.jpg

I could see where that bottom left half would have been tough because of the colors being such subtle variations of each other.

We're doing puzzles here more too since the Phoenix summer hibernation has started with the 105+ degree heat. Found a great one at the Goodwill last week for $1.50, so this hobby has to qualify as definitely simple living.

We put together a 2000 piece puzzle at my work recently. Puzzling is super popular with my coworkers. They do them at home and at work during lunch break.

I found that the Dollar Tree had a nice bin of puzzles for $1. I went ahead and bought 1 to give it a try and it was really good color and well fitting small pieces. The one I did was a collection of doors. Finished it in 3 settings over 3 days. I'll have to stop in and see if they have more. Moving on to one I picked up at Goodwill in a sealed box (overstock from Target I assume) for $1.50 that is a tray of marbles!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I prefer the ones that are pictures of places--I enjoy seeing photograph of places I have seen or want to visit someday.

I'll have to check out some of those less expensive places.
    I have my eye on a wooden puzzle, but it's sooooo expensive. I don't know why I'm attracted to the image. It just seems so rich to me.

Here's a pic of it: I'm sure the puzzle wouldn't be quite as vibrant as this image though.
    I've done a couple smaller wooden puzzles, and they're very interesting

.Carpet Merchant puzzle.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I'll have to check out some of those less expensive places.
    I have my eye on a wooden puzzle, but it's sooooo expensive. I don't know why I'm attracted to the image. It just seems so rich to me.

Here's a pic of it: I'm sure the puzzle wouldn't be quite as vibrant as this image though.
    I've done a couple smaller wooden puzzles, and they're very interesting

.Carpet Merchant puzzle.jpg
    That's a beautiful image. but I've had trouble with doing puzzles of paintings for the same reason - the subtle variations of color make it harder for me so if it becomes too frustrating then it's not fun. Have to find the sweet spot between slogging through a difficult one and breezing through an easy one. That's why picking out the right puzzle in the first place becomes the goal.

Thread Information