Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other puzzlers out there?

I agree Lainey........no sense in being tormented! Sometimes I do 300 piece ones, just to be sure to have fun! ha ha

It's funny, one of the first ones I did last year was a christmas gift from my daughter. I think she bought the wrong one......not the one I mentioned. It was the hardest one I've ever done. I think I posted the puzzle pic......it was an owl on a tree in winter......all grays/whites. It drove me crazy. It actually started depressing me......but since it was from my DD, I kept on and finished it. I know this sounds nutty, but I've learned, if I really like the image, I can keep going, even if it's days until I find just a couple pieces. For some reason, that seems to be good for me, rather than quitting. I think my OCD helps me through too. hahaha

My son is a pescatarian, who sometimes eats red meat, but not often. Anyhow........he loves hotdogs. Go figure! Anyhow, I bought him a puzzle of hotdogs for him to put together, since I thought he'd enjoy that. Well, it drove him crazy and he quit. I told him to send it home and I'd go crazy for him. hahaha It was the worst puzzle to put together. Everything kept coming apart so easily. I ended up putting heavy coasters on different areas to keep it together. I finally finished it, glued it and put it in a frame for him. hahaha I find it really curious that I like doing them so much. Oh well......there are worse addictions!

deleted. Photobucket wouldn't let me post a pic without paying to do so.

puzzle.JPG
    CathyA, Apparently photobucket won't leave up past things you've posted. I started at the begining of this thread and here was what was in place of the first photo you posted. Was it a photo you took or a stock image on-line? I just use the little photo icon and the basic uploader to add my own pictures now.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I've been decluttering diligently, and have arrived at the games and puzzles department of my life. I MUST know all pieces are there before I decide whether to keep, toss, or send to resale. This has resulted in me putting together quite a few puzzles. The last one was 500 pieces and a landscape. The colors of the wildflowers in the foreground were so similar, I had a hard time distinguishing...the parts seemed to be primarily like a human with two "outie" bumps for the arms. I tried to piece the outer edge first, and ended up with two that don't hook together in the bottom row... I even counted to ensure I still had 500 pieces. In the end, I gave up. I had two days into it and even dh could see my frustration. It should be fun, right?

I haven't figured out how to post pictures on here, since Photobucket started charging an outrageous user fee.
    I've been doing puzzles, but couldn't post them, but I'm going to give it another try. This one was extremely challenging, but I love the image so much, I kept on. It was 1,500 pieces........which is probably not that much to some people. But there were so many areas that were similar in color, it was really, really hard.

It's called "Autumn Bridge".

IMG_8725.jpg

CathyA,
    I'm very impressed. I've discovered that for me, if the puzzle image is very similar to a painting then it's much harder. I'm still at the amateur stage where I need sharper colors and more delineated lines.

But this week we picked up a 200 piece puzzle from Goodwill for .99 that is 3-D! Haven't seen that before. It's all different-colored beautiful butterflies. Thought it would be easy because it's smaller than we usually do, but of course the 3-D imaging is making us just a bit dizzy so we have to walk away from it. Will be fun when it's finished though.

Hi Lainey. Now, I won't do 3-D puzzles! I find them much too frustrating. I guess I'm just a 2 dimensional person! (maybe even just one? hahaha)

Here's a fun one that tickled my funny bone. I've always like tractor pulls and when I saw this one, I laughed. It's the kind I do in-between the hair-pulling-out larger ones.

Yeah, I've discovered that I tend to pick nature images that end up being pretty hard. And I think the more pieces a puzzle has, the more it looks like a painting......Sort of like cross-stitch. The small the squares are, the finer the image appears.

The last 2 puzzles I did, 2 pieces were missing and I talked to the company and they said it was an older puzzle and didn't have an extras. I could order one from somewhere else, but the chances of those 2 new pieces fitting were pretty low. She said I could just buy a new puzzle and put it together again. No thanks..........even that one might have missing pieces. So I cut a few areas of the pic on the puzzle box and tried to match them. Doesn't look great, but it won't be visible if I hang the picture further away.

Then the last puzzle.........the pieces were horrible, having all sorts of tags on them. I contacted the company and they said they would send me a new one.
    Oh.....and another one I did, the printer/cutter left out about 2" around the entire perimeter, so that some of the image wasn't even there. They determined that the printer/cutter had made a mistake. So they will send me a new one, when he fixes the problem.

I think a lot of people (at least from puzzle reviews), don't go through the trouble of contacting the company when things are wrong with it, but being the great complainer that I am, hahaha........I usually get results.

Anyhow......here's that Giant Pumpkin Tractor Pull puzzle.

Tractor Pull Puzzle.jpg

Oh.....I just realized that that's just the pic of it on the box. I already disassembled it. I save and glue way too many of my bigger puzzles, so I figured this one could go back in the box.

Love this thread revival! It's a great reminder to me to start my holiday puzzle(s). I usually do 1 if not 2-3 every year during the holidays. I have two 1000 piece puzzles waiting in the wings. If I get my decorating/cleaning done this weekend, maybe I'll start them! Thanks for the reminder and love the pictures posted!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I actually found two jigsaw puzzles this summer at a yard sale that are black and white, from WWII, marked with an ad to buy Victory bonds. I will pull those out this holiday season--at least see what they look like completed.

Here are my last 2. They were both a lot of fun.

IMG_8763(2).jpg

IMG_8775-2.jpg

Thread Information