Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other puzzlers out there?

I agree, love the image on "Sunset Barn." Do you know who the makers are of these puzzles?
    For us, if we like some of the images and quality, then we seek out that same brand if we can find it - still used, of course!

Saw some nice 1000 piece puzzles in the Five Below near me. I haven't bought one yet, so don't know the quality of the pieces, but the pictures were nice. Actually did some cleaning on the games shelf and found a puzzle I hadn't done yet. May start it soon... not sure. Need to declutter some stuff for a donation pickup.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Lainey, the maker of the Sunset Barn puzzle is SunsOut. I have found that this company makes the largest variety of the kind of images/puzzles that I like. But I've had a number of problems with some of their puzzles......occasional missing pieces, poorly cut pieces, etc. I found out that they use various different cutters and it seems their quality can vary. But I do love the images they offer. I've done several from Cobble Hill and they are extremely well made. There are several pretty reputable puzzle companies out there. Unfortunately, a lot depends on the cutters they use. But I have found that most companies are very good about standing behind their stuff. Lots of people just get mad and throw out a bad puzzle......but I've always communicated with the companies and they have tried to make things right. Unfortunately, I buy a lot of puzzles made in the past, and they get rid of their patterns/dies, after a certain length of time, so they can't send you a new one. And even if you have missing pieces and buy another copy of it (like from eBay), they are not all cut the same, so chances are good another piece won't fit the same hole. I've tried to make my own pieces that were missing, but it's pretty hard to duplicate the colors.

Haha.....forgive me. I'm rather deep into puzzling. haha DH says I should write a book on it.

The one I'm working on now is made by Springbok. It's an image of pumpkins and gourds. I bought it some time ago and just started to put it together. But I read reviews on it, and a lot of them said bad things about it......one person had 15 missing pieces, and many others complained of the pieces being poorly cut. When I first started it, I found so many pieces with bad/ragged edges, I almost gave up. Then I started to get into it, and discovered that if I smoothed the edges with an emory board, most of the pieces did fine. I'm sure lots of people wouldn't want to put in that much effort......but I'm maybe too persistent. haha (or maybe just OCD?)

I love images that "glow". I continue to find it incredible that people can actually draw this stuff. I can't even draw good stick figures.

I guess I'm not being very environmentally friendly by always buying new, but part of that is because you never know if all the pieces are there in used stuff, but the biggest thing for me is the ick factor of the cooties on the pieces. But that's my problem... At least these puzzles and their boxes are very biodegradable. Most all use soy ink.

I could talk forever about puzzles. But I also have lots of other things in my life that I do, in between the puzzles.

Other names of reputable companies are: Buffalo Games, Ravensburger, White Mountain, Masterpieces, Ceaco. Like I said though, so much of how "good" it is, comes from the quality of their various cutters.

I thought a Fall one would be good. I like changing out the one hanging in our entranceway, depending on the season.

IMG_9953.jpg

Here's another one I did. I love the artwork of Terry Doughty. You must think all I do is puzzles. haha Actually, I get a lot of other stuff done. I just do the puzzles in-between the other stuff. But......I could possibly spend more time on housework. haha
    All of these puzzles definitely look better from a distance. What I really liked about this one, was the very interesting shapes of the pieces. They fit in ways you wouldn't expect.

Summer Memories Puzzle.jpg

I've done several since that last one. I have no idea why I love doing these so much.......but I do!

IMG_0945(1).jpg

IMG_0843(1).jpg

IMG_0842(2).jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

I've realized I like nature scenes mixed in with some people. Seems to be a bit easier for me to do.

btw, one of our local libraries has started a "puzzle swap." For an hour on a Saturday each month you can trade up to 5 puzzles. I didn't attend that one, but I'm hoping to check out future swaps. Of course, I have to get the okay of my SO/puzzle hoarder first.

Hi Lainey. I guess I'm weird, 'cause I don't like people in my puzzles. I'm pushing it even when there's a broken down tractor in any of them. haha
    I guess I just like nature......plain and simple. A couple of mine had people in them, but it didn't seem to hurt to image. haha

Good luck at the puzzle swap.

Well, I'm a puzzle addict for sure. Since I have so much body pain, I guess it's nice to just sit without pain and "accomplish" something.
    I've done several recently. Here are the last 2. I really love the quail one.

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1125(1).jpg

This is one of the tougher puzzles I've every done. 750 pieces, no edges, with 5 "extra" pieces.

DSC02670.jpg
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information