Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other puzzlers out there?

I think that the smaller the pieces and the higher the number of pieces, the less it looks like a puzzle and more like a picture/painting. What are the dimensions of your puzzle?
    I have done some puzzles that have a lot of light colors....like the sky, snow, and darker colors always seem to do better in not showing the individual pieces. Yours looks really good in terms of clarity of the images.
    I hate it when a person's face is divided by 2 puzzle pieces. It sort of ruins it.

Here's two of my latest puzzles. I really liked the image of the first one, but all that lightness really shows the edges of the puzzle pieces. (Time Stands Still)
    The second one I really liked. My daughter always loved fairies when she was little, and I love owls and moons, so this one was nice. (Fairy Tales)

Time Stands Still puzzle IMG_3462.jpg

IMG_3520.jpg

Cathy, those are pretty.

Thanks TT!

Cathy, both of those are sooo pretty!! Dimensions on last one were 33" x 24".
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

The owl one must have been especially challenging but they are both lovely.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thanks happystuff and razz. The cabin/snow one was 1000 pieces and it was hard because of all that white.
    The Fairy and Owl one was pretty easy. It had 550 pieces. But my memory is so bad, I can't remember for sure. haha
    I absolutely love the Fairy and owl one. Maybe that made it easier to do. The woman who paints those images is mostly into witchcraft (?)-type stuff. This was about the only image of her's that I could relate to. I wish she would do more moonlit night and owl stuff.

Have you ever tried a Liberty puzzle? They're wooden and absolutely different shapes from traditional jigsaws (they have rectangular ones as well, but the pieces themselves are unique.) They're hella expensive but very collectible, so it's possible to exchange them on ebay without breaking the bank. Some people love these and some people hate them. I've found them a lot harder than standard jigsaw puzzles because the language I use in my head to describe pieces simply doesn't apply. Very satisfying to finish!!

kib - that's beautiful!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Wow, that is cool, Kib. Actually, I have done 2 wooden puzzles. I think I may have shown them earlier in this thread. One is of a carpet merchant market (I'm assuming in the middle east?) and the other one is of a bird and a vase. Oh.....I just remembered 2 smaller ones I did too. It's amazing the different shapes that they use. And it's different how you put the pieces together. It's like you have to "air lift" them over the opening, and drop them in. It's a different, fun experience!

Sorry Cathy, I hadn't looked through the whole thread. You've done some beautiful puzzles! Funny, my Mom is the big puzzler in our family, I never seem to find time or space here in Tucson, but when I visit her we can spend hours on them and it's so peaceful, such an easy way to be "in the zone" even while I'm sitting next to another person. I really should work on finding more room for puzzling. Happy new year!

Thread Information