Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other puzzlers out there?

Here's the last holiday jigsaw puzzle and, actually, is the last one I have in the house right now. Maybe now I'll get some stuff done around here - lol.

DSC02810.jpg

It is "Engelberg, Switzerland", 2000 pieces, 36.25 x 26.5

Not too bad once my eyes started distinguishing the subtle colors.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Could someone please tell me how you upload your photos, step by step? (the photos I posted were just copy paste from online images, not my own pictures.) I'm using a phone to take pix and a pc to access SLN and it takes a ridiculous amount of time and steps to get a properly sized photo from one device to the other. I'm assuming this doesn't take everyone else ten minutes and sixteen steps. (I know Alan would prefer links to actual images, but any method I have to do that produces a pathline, not an actual picture).

Quote Originally Posted by kib View Post
    Could someone please tell me how you upload your photos, step by step? (the photos I posted were just copy paste from online images, not my own pictures.) I'm using a phone to take pix and a pc to access SLN and it takes a ridiculous amount of time and steps to get a properly sized photo from one device to the other. I'm assuming this doesn't take everyone else ten minutes and sixteen steps. (I know Alan would prefer links to actual images, but any method I have to do that produces a pathline, not an actual picture).
    I have the image saved on my computer. When I am in the Quick Reply box, I type my message and hit the Insert Image button along the top of the reply box. It allows me to browse my computer to the file I need to access the image. Hit the button to upload/save/I can't remember the exact terminology. It saves it in the Quick Reply box along with my typed message and then I hit Post Quick Reply.

Sorry if all that came out confused.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks Happystuff. Now I just have to get my pix onto the computer; I have ways to do it, I'm just lazy.

https://www.cbc.ca/kidscbc2/the-feed...ate-puzzle-day

Happy Puzzle day! to all the big and little kids.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/kidscbc2/the-feed...ate-puzzle-day

Happy Puzzle day! to all the big and little kids.
    Didn't even realize there was such a day. Yay!

Here's my latest. I bought it several years ago and started to put it together back then, but the pieces were cut so poorly, I quit. I called the company (back then) and they said they no longer had that puzzle, but that they'd send me a different one with a similar theme. They both had owls in them. Fortunately, I didn't throw the "defective" one out. Now that I've had a couple years of doing puzzles, I decided to give this puzzle another try. I finished it yesterday. Yes, the pieces were still cut poorly and I had to use an emery board on many of them since they edges were so rough. At first, I felt guilty having gotten a new free puzzle out of the deal, but after all that filing down of the pieces, I got rid of the guilt. haha

This one was very hard because a lot of the pieces were the same shape, and the colors made it a challenge. Plus, owls are always fairly difficult to do.

Towards the end of putting it together, I realized there was a piece missing. After it was all together, I asked DH to look under a big piece of furniture that was nearby, since it's too hard for me to get down on my knees. He got a bright flashlight to look.
    I couldn't believe it. He found the piece in a little space in the arm of the chair. I had found 3 lost puzzle pieces there awhile back, that I had already replaced by making my own pieces. I have one of those desk chairs with the padded seat and back and arms and is on wheels. And at the bottom of each arm are small recesses that are hard to see. But I had checked those spaces several times, while looking for this lost piece. But I had only felt in there, instead of looking. Low and behold, with his flashlight, he could see the design on the piece, which fit perfectly in that chair arm hole. So........now I have a completely finished puzzle.
    I love the images that Terry Doughty paints. They are all rural themes.

Anyhow.........here it is.

IMG_3808.jpg

Happystuff.........I don't know how I missed your earlier post about the 2000 piece one! Wow! That's beautiful. And with all that orange, it must have been really hard! I'm not sure I'd attempt a 2000 piece. How big was the finished puzzle?

I know what you mean about getting used to the different color shades. After working on a puzzle for a little bit, I start to get a feel for the different "neighborhoods" of a puzzle. Putting puzzles together is an interesting brain exercise.

I'm like you.....once I finish a puzzle, more starts getting done around the house. haha
    Unfortunately, I don't go too long before starting another one.

Very nice job, Happystuff!

That's a handsome owl--really like the light effect!

I should have waited until I had glued it to show it. The spaces between the pieces wouldn't have shown as much. Yes Jane, I love the lighting in this piece. You can't see it in this puzzle, but there are such tiny objects in the background that the artist painted. I can't believe how small he could have painted them......There's a tractor pulling a wagon with straw in it, chickens in the yard, etc. They are soooo tiny. I can't believe how artists do it. I can't even draw stick figures very well. haha

Thread Information