Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other puzzlers out there?

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Received thanks from a friend... got her 29 puzzles (varieties she liked) last summer from garage sales. It is helping her save her sanity now.
    That is so cool, Frugal!

Love the Dogs with Jobs - lol. And that was a very sweet thing to do, frugal-one. I'm down to one puzzle which I haven't pulled out yet. Swore to myself that I would get some other projects done before I start ignoring everything to work on a puzzle - LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Just bought two new puzzles at Goodwill yesterday and already gave up on the first one. Even though it s 500 pieces, pieces are tiny, about one inch. Note to self--buy only larger piece puzzles, even if they have weird shapes like the Springbok.

Just finished. I have no puzzles left in the house...for now - LOL.

DSC02942_2.jpg
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Just finished two Buffalo games puzzles from the 80's--one was Boston, which was wonderful, and made me happy to think back on my days in the 70's visiting my brothers at college, and one was of Chicago, which wasn't as great because we lived there and so much was left off the puzzle and they take such liberties with the geography. Sent the Boston one to my son who went to college there, and the Chicago one to sil to pass around the family.
    Last edited by Tybee; 9-7-20 at 5:29pm. Reason: could not see the images

DSC02959.jpg

So here is my Christmas jigsaw puzzle for this year. Billed as the World's Smallest 1000 Piece Puzzle, it's title is "Harbor of Hope". I don't have a new one, so did this one again. It will be passed on this time around, but was still fun.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    DSC02959.jpg

So here is my Christmas jigsaw puzzle for this year. Billed as the World's Smallest 1000 Piece Puzzle, it's title is "Harbor of Hope". I don't have a new one, so did this one again. It will be passed on this time around, but was still fun.
    Wow, those must be some tiny pieces! Good job!

I keep thinking that I would enjoy doing one and then get sidetracked with other things. If one is set up, I can put in a pieced as I go by.
    Loved the one with all the backyard birds as I look at the projects over the past few months.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Cannot handle the little pieces--that is why we have gone to the 300-500 piece ones because I can't see on the little pieces! Very cool though Cathy if you can stand it.
    I bought a US map one with cartoon images of each state and we will do that one when we stop painting and get a place to set it up.

I am using kitchen table for computer and sewing, so don't want to set up there.

Can't wait to do the Boston one with my son's family now that we are in Maine! I wrote a message on the piece that is the college where he went to school, so that will be a fun surprise for him.

So, Tybee, you are moved to your permanent house closer to family that you wanted to do? That would be something really good happening in 2020 to celebrate.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information