Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other puzzlers out there?

Another jigsaw puzzler lover here! I do anywhere from 1-3 puzzles during the holidays, trying to start sometime around Thanksgiving and finish up as soon as possible after the new year. This year was a 2000 piece of The Last Supper and a 1000 piece of The Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. Upon completion, I take pictures of them, take them apart and either pass them on to friends or donate them. Can't wait to see what I can get my hands on for the end of this year!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Wow happystuff! I'm having a really hard time with this 1000 piece puzzle. It has sooooo many similar colors. Was the 2000 piece one really hard? I find them much easier when there is a lot of color.
    My last one is glued and framed and I will glue and frame this one. They are really nice images of wildlife by my favorite wildlife artist. I think it's really good for the brain to do these. (Although I'm still as forgetful as ever. haha)

So what kinds of pictures do y'all prefer? I like country scenes, harbors and Grandma Moses type pictures.

I like wildlife, but I could be talked into other rural themes. I've had a couple 300 piece ones in the closet for a couple years. I think after I finish this 1000 piece one, I'll do those! One is of a cardinal pair and the other is of a bluebird pair.
    I think I'm driving my husband crazy. Whether or not I make progress on this puzzle seems to influence my behavior the rest of the time. hahaha I mean seriously........what a drag spending a couple hours on a puzzle, and only finding 2 pieces that fit.
    I've even found pieces that actually fit in more than one place. I'm almost finished with the 2 big trees in this pic, and am close to starting on the owl. But then everything else is just various shades of white. My husband's really going to love me then.......when it takes several days to find just one piece! haha
    It's funny......since I've been doing these trees, I'm so much more aware outside of how many different colors are really in a tree!

When I have areas that are solid colors, I separate those pieces into shapes; wishbone-shaped ones, ones with angles, ones with 2 or 3 knobs. Sometimes you can tell what sort of shape will fit when there are no distinguishing things on it. Then I'll just try each piece for that shape and eventually one will fit.

For detailed pieces, I always have a magnifying glass nearby.

I hate it when I'm doing the edge and it seems that all the pieces are in the right place, but one side is longer than another.

I might like to put together a Charley Harper puzzle; love his artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I might like to put together a Charley Harper puzzle; love his artwork.
    Good Taste! Charley was a local artist and my wife became enthralled with his work. We have about 20 or so of his prints in our lower level rec room, about half of them signed. I'd think all of his work would make excellent puzzles.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

The small bookstore in Bloomington, IN has a great selection of his and his families art books. I could study them all day.

I've always had a fondness for illustrators over fine artists; Charley Parker was an original. He's sorely missed.

This thread is tempting me with another hobby! haha

Thread Information