Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My daughter made it into United World College

My daughter made it into United World College

I haven't been around the forums lately, but I thought I would let anyone know who was following my earlier stories of the process, that my daughter received the Davis Scholarship to United World College - Adriatic. She'll be spending her junior and senior years of high school in Italy. The scholarship pays tuition, room, and board, but we have to get her there and back for Christmas and Summer. I'm fretting, as usual, between saving for airline tickets and for some much needed maintenance on the house, (rotting posts supporting the roofs of the front and rear patios). It will all work out all right though. We're very proud of her, though it's odd to think that she's only a few months away from no longer being a resident at home, and may never be back for more than a summer. Time moves on.

Congratulations to you both! That's quite an impressive achievement. My teen struggles to remember to hand in her homework I know you'll miss her like crazy, but what a marvelous opportunity.

Dry rot will always be with us. I feel your pain.

Oh, and it's so nice to see you back on the forum!

You and your wife obviously have provided the home and atmosphere that gave her wings. What an interesting life she will have.

Congratulations to you and to your daughter -- what a tremendous accomplishment! Plane tickets are expensive, but you'll know her travel dates well in advance (and there will likely be a little flexibility), which will give you plenty of time to look for good deals.

And good luck with the house maintenance....one of the on-going joys of home ownership.
    The brain is wider than the sky. -- Emily Dickinson

Congratulations to your family on this wonderful achievement. It took all the family guiding guarding and supporting a very capable young woman who has bloomed.

How proud you must be. Good for her! And yes you must have given her the wings to soar.

congrats!

What wonderful news--she's on her way. And Italy--swoon!

rodeosweetheart
    Congratulations, Paul, that is wonderful news!

Thread Information