Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Year two of the elephant

I try to avoid appliances with a ton of features because I don't use them. But they are hard to find. Sears here has a scratch and dent center where you can often get good deals. Pretty soon you will have to change the title of this thread to Year Three.

CL, regarding "basic" appliances, look for a place that sells to apartment complexes.

Where would one look for apartment complex appliances?

the kids responded, and I am making the big goodwill/bookstore/free store run on Thursday because I can time it conveniently with no extra driving. Randomly, that will also be the start of year three.

dh installed the porch lights and is now working on outlets in the new room.

i'm making some progress in the basement. I only found a couple of small things to get rid of, but I am getting things sorted, organized,and put away such that it is becoming two functional rooms. I moved the storage cupboard mil brought me down from it's parking spot in the addition to a useful spot in the basement, but it is still empty. It's nice to have some empty space available as I am sorting and putting away the things that are still piled on surfaces and packed in boxes.

I ordered the ovens and cooktop last night - president's day sale and employee discount. I put it on my cc for an additional 1% back, but I have the money set aside to pay for it. The ovens are still really expensive, but this is one of the areas where I'm willing to pay more for exactly what I want. Dh was shocked at the low electricity use when he looked up the specs. He checked them in three different locations on two sites.

It would actually have been cheaper to get bigger ovens with more features. Probably because there is a lot more competition in that market.

the cooktop otoh, couldn't have been much cheaper. Maybe if I went to the habitat restore, but then I would have to drive and hunt. It has virtually no features - coils and knobs. It will be white, because white was the least expensive "color". Dh pointed out that I now have appliances in a combination of black, white, and silver and none of them match. I told him that all of those are neutrals, not colors, and they match anything, and he said "ok." (My current fridge is white - and staying for the new kitchen, the current range is almond and black - and going, and the sink - which is staying but not moving to the new kitchen is stainless steel, so I don't know what his issue is.)

next we plan the cabinets. He is hoping to get all the non-kitchen outlets wired this coming weekend.

Thread Information