Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Retirement - What do you do in a day.

sounds like a good life. These dogs are great for getting everyone walking. I am harnessing up the cats and see if they will hike with me. What do you think my chances are.

Williamsmith
    I have been retired for four years and ten months. It took me eleven months to adjust to not being who and what I was for 25 years. My health immediately improved as soon as I started getting up the same time everyday. It also helped greatly when I stopped trying to sample every type of bourbon Tennesee and Kentucky had to offer. I have had part time work since then. My current situation is six months on in the summer and fall and six months off in the winter and spring.

Rather than say what I do every day, it's easier to say that whatever I do.....I do it almost as a sacrament. I can make and enjoy a cup of coffee as if it were the last drink I will ever have. I can sit and watch it snow. I can walk and concentrate on my breathing almost as if it were a prayer. I can spend a morning trying to get a chickadee to eat black oil sunflower seeds from my hand. I can watch clouds pass over head and make shapes out of them like a kid.

I have to think hard about what I did yesterday in order to tell you. Nothing is important but everything seems to be interesting.

what a lovely way to put it william.

Yes, WilliamSmith you described the beauty of retirement superbly. Time....

Thread Information