Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Amazon

I had placed 3 small orders separately to get the $1 video credits. Amazingly, all 3 came today, in one very packed box, they did a good job. I wonder if they will eventually not allow me to place 3 orders to get those credits

I haven't been on much, because of a hardware failure in my computer (using another machine, that is air gapped from the rest). I found out about the new price as one day I was pricing parts, and the next day, the shipping charge changed.
    The good, I needed a bit more so I met the free shipping.
    The bad, when I order, I tend to have something small I want or need, that I can add to meet it. However, in most of those cases, my experience has been, they ship from different locations, so that "free shipping" actually costs them (there by me) more. Sometimes free shipping isn't the cheapest price, I frequently, when I want a book, tend to order a used copy and pay shipping, and beat the free shipping price by a large margin.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Sometimes free shipping isn't the cheapest price, I frequently, when I want a book, tend to order a used copy and pay shipping, and beat the free shipping price by a large margin.
    Agreed! I was surprised to discover that the Amazon Prime products are often more expensive than the non-Prime + shipping. And as you said, it's especially true with used books.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    Agreed! I was surprised to discover that the Amazon Prime products are often more expensive than the non-Prime + shipping. And as you said, it's especially true with used books.
    It's funny how things that go around come around. For a while I was ordering books on Kindle because they were cheaper than books. I just bought a used copy of Paul Hawken's Blessed Unrest because it was a lot cheaper than the Kindle price.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information