Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bernie!

rodeosweetheart

Bernie!

We just got back from a Bernie rally and we stood in line for 2.5 hours and we still only able to get into the overflow room.
    Then, he came into the overflow room and addressed us separately because we had stood so long in line. The turnout was probably double what they expected.

It was a wonderful experience--he is fantastic and completely personable, and a real class act.

So glad to have had this opportunity--if you get the chance, it is worth standing in line to hear him speak.

I am on an incredible high right now--this rally was only planned since yesterday (!) and thousands of people standing in line for a chance to get in and hear him speak live.

I'm jealous. Nothing like that will ever happen here because my state doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I'm jealous. Nothing like that will ever happen here because my state doesn't matter.
    I think we hold our primaries after the general election :-(

I agree that Bernie is a class act. Anything approaching character is rare in a politician. Most of them are--by necessity--whores. (With apologies to sex workers everytwhere...)

The thing I like about Bernie is that "Bernie" wasn't just something invented to campaign on. As far as I've been able to hear his message has been very consistent over many years.

I love Bernie and all that he stands for. I have been watching him since his earliest VT days. I truly believe with cooperation he could turn this country around. I am, however, sick to death of Trump supporters making fun of me for supporting Bernie. Apparently, I am naive and ignorant and yet they are the ones voting for a narcissistic, bigot with no political experience.

I doubt I will see him as my state doesn't matter either.

rodeosweetheart
    Apparently, we could have gone to see either Trump OR Sanders yesterday. The Trump plane was at our airport, and when Bernie landed, he was parked right next to it. Trump's plane was too big for the airport in Cadillac.

Not that I would have driven anywhere or stood in line to see Trump. But the funny thing was, we just missed getting into the main room of the venue because they had double the people that would fit, and they put us in an overflow room. They told us that Bernie would come say hello to us in the overflow room. But what he did was to come and speak to us first, for about 5 minutes, to thank us for waiting in line and apologize that the venue wasn't big enough. As we were walking out, I said to my husband, it was so classy that he came to talk to us first, before going into the big room with the concert stage. I said, if that was Trump, he would probably be making fun of us in the overflow room.

So this morning I looked at the video of the Trump rally yesterday, and darned if he did not start out exactly that way--laughing at the people who were standing outside, telling the people in the main hall that he would go talk to those people outside for 5 minutes at the end of the program, that the people inside were the ones that counted.

What a difference. Bernie is pure class.

And he is funny, too--he told us all to get out and vote in our primary on March 15 and we all yelled. "it's the 8th:" and he laughed and he said "Don't go out and vote on the 15th" and he was relaxed, and able to laugh at himself.

What a great guy he is. Extremely charismatic and nice.

that's so funny about Trump and the people outside, you called that one!

Bernie came here as did Dick Van Dyke and Susan Sarandon. A friend was at a rally. I guess susan also went to a local muffin shop and hung out with the customers.

Susan Sarandon has done a lot of stumping for Bernie. Unfortunately, the media is still ignoring him. Mother Jones is clearly biased against him/for Hillary. I just signed a petition to NPR asking them to give equal time to Bernie.

And I'm pretty sure Hillary has something worked out with CNN, based on how they have reported the debates.

Speaking of Hillary, did you see her Super Tuesday speech? It was Bernie all over. You'd think he had written it for her. So aggravating.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information