Thread: One of those days when motivation is MIA...

Geila

One of those days when motivation is MIA...

One of the downsides of being home is that the sense of urgency to get things done kinda goes away when you know you have plenty of time. Which of course leads to those things not getting done at all! Today is one of those days for me. We had rain all weekend so spent most of it being lazy. Today is mostly clear but still crisp - in the high 50's, probably low 60's later, intermitten sun. The garden is soaked and should be left alone to soak up the water.

It's a good day for cleaning house, doing laundry, clearing out clutter in the garage. Except I don't like doing any of those things... Instead, here I am, sitting at the computer.

I am going to put on my headphones, blast some Adele, and try to be productive today. Wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by watergoddess View Post
    One of the downsides of being home is that the sense of urgency to get things done kinda goes away when you know you have plenty of time. Which of course leads to those things not getting done at all! Today is one of those days for me. We had rain all weekend so spent most of it being lazy. Today is mostly clear but still crisp - in the high 50's, probably low 60's later, intermitten sun. The garden is soaked and should be left alone to soak up the water.

It's a good day for cleaning house, doing laundry, clearing out clutter in the garage. Except I don't like doing any of those things... Instead, here I am, sitting at the computer.

I am going to put on my headphones, blast some Adele, and try to be productive today. Wish me luck!
    Good luck!

good luck!

I've learned I have to be ok with non-productive days because most of them aren't since all this medical nonsense started. Now when I do accomplish something, I pat myself on the back and take full advantage of the energy that's there. I used to be this very productive, fairly organized person. She's long gone, lol. Meh, it'll get done when it gets done.

I am feeling lazy today too - first time since I retired a month ago. I blame it on spring. Everything is lovely, green and starting to bloom.

Geila
    Thanks for the good wishes! I ended up being somewhat productive. I walked the dogs, went to the post office, vacuumed, cleaned the bathrooms, did 3 loads of laundry, cleaned out the cat boxes, took out all the garbage and recycling for garbage day today and puttered outside sweeping the porches and such for about an hour to enjoy the fresh air. And all of that only took about a half day. I'm always amazed how much I can accomplish in a short time when I quit my procrastinating. And I felt really good afterwards. Dh came home early and it was so nice to hang out with him in a clean house and with a feeling of accomplishment.

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post

Now when I do accomplish something, I pat myself on the back and take full advantage of the energy that's there.
    You should be proud of this.

Thread Information