Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you do for you spouse or partner birthday?

I usually arrange Dinner at one of our favourite places, quirky gifts, like a couple of outdoor night cameras to watch the wildlife like foxes, badgers and hedgehogs.

He buys me jewellry!

I won't say in detail, but I suspect it's illegal in 50 states, even between consenting adults....

.... but unpasteurized cheese is *sooooo* good.

bae ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    .... but unpasteurized cheese is *sooooo* good.
    There's a cheesemaker who sells at a farmer's market here and advertises the unpasteurized cheese as "fish bait". You have to know to ask for the "fish bait". Good stuff....

We vary on gifts. Most times they're token gifts; we save the bigger ones for anniversaries and Christmas. We're pretty good about buying little items for each other of a moment, so gift-giving occasions are not tests of devotion as they are for some people we know. There is always a special meal; sometimes homemade; sometimes out (usually out for me because it's a treat for me to eat something I would not make at home and I don't have to cook and clean up). But, like so many here, we are largely past "stuff".
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information