Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: such an awkward perimenopause question

These are all the symptoms I had also and thought it was just perimenopause.
    Couldn't be far from a bathroom

Turns out it was fibroids. Definitely go see a good doctor!
    The first option offered was hormone therapy but due to my horrible reaction when on the pill I requested a hysterectomy.
    Thankfully I did as the fibroid(s) had been there for so long they had physically attached itself
    to my bladder =0 Didn't know that was even possible! My uterus was almost 2 1/2 lbs!!

A basic 3 hour outpatient surgery became 7 1/2 hours and three days in hospital,
    another week with a catheter. My ultimate nightmare!
    Thankfully I had an amazing Dr. and great nurses.

Find a good doctor and get treatment as the diagnosis warrants.

I did become anemic, there is a medication one can take to reduce the bleeding but the hospital in Japan
    didn't have it and then I had the surgery here in Hawaii so I never ended up taking it.

I am so very, very, very happy for good modern medical care.
    Hope you are able to get things resolved soon!

I had this same thing for about 5 years. It was miserable. I kept going to doc and he did D & C. Finally I wanted a hysterectomy and he said no we should just keep doing uterine biopsies every 3 months. I said no and changed doctors and it went away. She said if it came back at all she would do one but my period just ended. I would definitely get it checked out because it could be many things.

interesting. i had severe internal and external fibroids and no clotting accompanies the heavy bleeding/cramping that took me down for 36 hours each cycle.

Seriously though, if it happens again next cycle, go see your Dr. Make an informed decision based on professional expertise.

It is actually pretty common and most likely fibroids that have grown larger due to hormonal imbalance. I went through all that misery for about four years, became anemic, had blood transfusion etc and then poof - it was over. Only option ever offered was a hysterectomy and I did not want to go that route. My sil had the same issue and had the hysterectomy early in the game with no regrets - so far anyway. Best to get it checked out to rule out anythiing else and to find the best doctor to help you get through it.

sounds like fibroids.I had a phase where I expected a red puddle on the floor everytime I stood up.Horrible,uncomfortable,embarassing.
    My GYN said they would just go away on their own after menopause finished and they did!
    Good luck

same as above post for me.
    On a side note two weeks ago, crossing fingers, the hot flashes stopped Husband who never mentions anything personal like that, noticed even. I guess over all it was three years from when they semi started, one full year of miserable flashes.

Wow that was fast. My lasted for 10 very long years.

The Ultra tampons from Tampa are lifesavers for me. I've had endometriosis since I was a teenager, and I'm in perimenopause myself now, too. I'm actually loving it because my periods had always been very heavy and now I'm about a year into only the occasional period. Mostly pretty light.

Well it is slowing down, about 1 1/2 weeks and still having clots but off and on light and heavy. I am taking iron, and planning on calling the nurse line this week.

If it is manageable then the idea I am getting closer to the end of this sounds like a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Well it is slowing down, about 1 1/2 weeks and still having clots but off and on light and heavy. I am taking iron, and planning on calling the nurse line this week. If it is manageable then the idea I am getting closer to the end of this sounds like a relief.
    1 1/2 weeks is toooooo long. Definitely get seen. You could be anemic and that is NOT good!

Thread Information