Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4th cold in 4 months

DD has had one "cold" after another this past fall and winter. She and her new hubby recently discovered some serious plumbing leaks in their house which caused small areas of black mold to develop under flooring. We are wondering if her mystery illnesses have anything to do with the mold.

I work with kids, NEVER touch your face! LOL, actually it does help a lot to watch how much you touch your face, did you just wash your hands? Can you rub an itchy spot with a part of your hand that is not as prone to germs (knuckle, wrist). Do you have a hanky or sleeve to scratch when it is not something gooey? It also helps with acne or other skin things to stop touching your face as often.

Elderberry- Thank you Frugal One! I ordered the organic dried berries from Amazon and used 1 cup in a pint jar- covered it with gin-let it sit in the dark in a paper bag for 6 weeks and strained it, I saved t he berries in the freezer and used them for a second batch and added more- brandy or whiskey this time ( can you tell I don't drink but we have loads of bottles from when I thought we should have them) I take 1/8 tsp. in a glass of warm water every morning. If I am feeling Imight be getting something I take it more times. One cold last Nov. that lasted less than a week and no real misery- also used zicam at that time. So, thanks Frugal one for the elderberry suggestion it sent me on quest and I think the stuff works. My skeptical husband is taking it now after he was exposed to a wicked cold, didn't get it, so he still is taking the elderberry.

I am very happy the elderberry worked for you too! It is amazing how something so simple works! frugal-one

Thread Information