Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Just in case" clothing

rodeosweetheart
    It's funny, I did not read this thread because of the title, because I read my own interpretation of "just in case" and I realize how far gone I must be, heathwise--I ws thinking of clothes you pack in case someone vomits etc., accidents (both toddlers and elderly), sweatpants for post operation recovery, or the sweatpants my son wore for like 2 years when he was in bed after surgery on his leg and in cast for 8 months, then following year was in cast with same leg-- the one legged "just in case sweatpants."

Heck I'd get rid of them and buy something nicer, although I do keep a pair of paint pants and tee-shirts, although I don't have any right now, having painted and thrown them out.

I've got a lot (too many) of those kind of just-in-case clothes too.

Instead of giving things away I think, no, I can use that for gardening or painting or cleaning...but I don't, because they are still too "good", whatever that means.

So, old thread but I had a new thought.

Wearing a "uniform" to work (black pants/top + cardigan or jacket) has been working out for me, I'm going to think in terms of creating a uniform for each season. This will be only using the clothing I already have. I may also create uniforms for my regular activities - dance, yoga, hiking, archery, kayaking.

I haven't worked out the details yet - going to take some thought. I'm tired of my over-stuffed closet!

When I semi-retired I gave away about half of my clothes. Now I have stuff I really like and wear and only keep a few crappy clothes for dirty work, etc but not many.

I got rid of 11 bags of clothes, I was keeping 2 sizes down 'just in case' and a ton of work clothes. I kept one size down and a reasonable amt of work clothes.

So I have a brand new $30 clearance dress I was going to wear to my brother's rehearsal dinner that fits perfectly (rare for me) but now I think I am going with pants as it is still cold at night there. So I don't need this casual dress but could make the argument for keeping it 'just in case'. It's been a month and I still can't decide.

Freshstart, Maybe it will warm up so you can wear the new dress. You could wear panty hose....thick.

Thread Information