Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you live in a bubble? PBS Demographic quiz...

Do you live in a bubble? PBS Demographic quiz...

Hey all:

Check out this interesting quiz from PBS. It is about socio-economic class, Trump voters, liberals, and what-have-you. It takes about five minutes.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/making-s...tTKqg.facebook

I scored a 43.

I got a 35, could have been a lot lower number except I like Star Wars.

I scored 23. Interesting.

It should be a little higher, I suppose. I did have a job that caused body parts to hurt. I was a waitress, but I was young so I don't remember body parts actually hurting and it was 40 years ago, so I marked "No" to that. Now that I think about it, my 50 nearest neighbors don't have a college degree, but probably 40 out of 50 do, and there are a fair number of physicians and physicians in training on our block. The thing is that I DO know exactly what job most of my neighbors have, because I know my neighbors. Most people do not so I don't see how most could answer that accurately.

Probably my answers should be a bit different. I'll take the test again and come back to report.

The question about fishing was a surprise.I view that activity as retro-lux along with things like canning food, using a clothesline, etc.

32 was my second, likely more accurate, score.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    Hey all:

Check out this interesting quiz from PBS. It is about socio-economic class, Trump voters, liberals, and what-have-you. It takes about five minutes.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/making-s...tTKqg.facebook

I scored a 43.
    I scored 45. Bombed on the TV and movie habits
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

rodeosweetheart
    I scored a 56. Apparently I fit the Bernie white middle class voter a little better than I thought. . .

Yikes. I got a 6. I need to get out of Austin...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Congrats on your high score, Alan. Can I ask what thinned your bubble? Just curious. You seem staunchly educated middle class to me--neither elitist nor blue-collar.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

We don't eat at standard American chain restaurants because they do not exist in our city, the Applebees and etc are out in the county. I don't drive outside of the city to eat out, and our city is jammed packed with independent restaurants anyway of very high quality so why should I? We DO actually go to fast food places like Burger King and I go to White Castle, but those were not on the test.

Once I drove our truck in a parade. I got some points for that.

Congrats on your high score, Alan. Can I ask what thinned your bubble? Just curious. You seem staunchly educated middle class to me--neither elitist nor blue-collar.
    I have no idea how the quiz was scored. I suspect it came from growing up in a very poor small town comprised of non-college educated blue collar workers, serving in the military and never watching a full episode of Ellen.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information